Questioning

Warden Snyder walks in, the room instantly going cold. I looked at him trying to cover up my wounds with he blanket. All of the courage Jack had given me quickly faded away and fear surged through me. Snyder smiled at me. If you could even call it was more like a seer. His pristine white teeth glowed in the pale moon light. He slowly made his way over to me and set his hand on the bed post.
"Comfortable?" He asks his voice cold. I stare at him words for a second longer than I should. His hand makes contact with my face and my head snaps to the side. "I asked you a question you little bastard."
"Not really sir." I answer quietly looking at my hands.
"Now, you are going to answer my questions. Either the easy way or the hard way. What's it's gonna be?"
"Oh sir you's knows I'm not difficult." I say smiling, trying to get my courage back.
"Do you know where Jack Kelly is?" He asks. The question takes me off guard. Why are they looking for Jack?
"I-I dunno Snyder...honest I don't. I ain't seen him." My words stumble over each other and he knows I'm lying. I know he does. He smacks me across the face so hard I see stars.
"Why are you covering for him? He left you boy, he didn't even look back as he ran." He spits in my face. I look away my eyes darting to the window praying that Jack will do something. Snyder grabs my cheek and turns my head to face him. "What are you looking at boy?" He says looking at the window.
"Just your ugly mug Snyder." I say forcing a tense laugh out. He turns on his heel and walks over to me.
"What did you say to me?" His face is red with anger.
"I said your ugly mug! You's as red as a tomatta!" I say again laughing. He grabs my collar and yanks me out of the bed. My body aches and I stifle a scream.
"You're going to regret that little man. I'm trying to be civil, trying to make your life just a little bit better. And what do I get? I get made fun of by a little cripple! A worthless little crip!" He pulls me across the floor by my collar and throws me into the wall. I struggle to not let out a scream and Snyder glares at me. I spit in his face. He gets even redder and wipes the spit from his cheek. My moment of triumph is short lived. Snyder kicks me in the chest, forcing the air out of my lungs and a scream from my lips. "You want to behave like an animal?! Then you can sleep on the floor with the rats!" He screams in my face.
"I ain't an animal." I mutter. I feel courage rising in my body. Despite my current state I still feel my fighting spirit breaking through. "There ain't nothing you can do to me that will break me! Jack is going to come back and when he does he'll kill you!" A smile formed on my face. "No ones scared of ya'! You's just a stupid old geezer!" My comment is returned with a punch followed by a few kicks. By the time he finishes kicking me I can barely breathe. My head is clouded and I taste blood. Jack...please come get me I need you...I need you...Snyder leaves the room and I lay on the ground. Tears run down my face and I sob into the dirty floor.