Catherine's

It was about 2 am when I got back to the apartment. I shouldn't have stayed out so long but what could I do? Catherine and I are very good friends and we rarely hang out. I open the door and walk toward the staircase, I see someone laying at the base of the stairs. Probably a bum sleeping in the lobby. I walk closer then my eyes go wide.
"Crutchie!" I yell running over to him. He is laying on the ground his leg tilted at an ungodly angle. I grab him and lift him up. Crutchie hangs limply in my arm his chest rising and falling slowly. I'm out of the lobby and running down the street so fast I'm surprising myself. My eyes are focused ahead, when I get him to Catherine's then she'll be able to help. With in minutes I'm at Catherine's doorstep and kicking the door. Catherine opens it sleep in her eyes.
"Jack what's-" she cuts her self off and goes wide eyed instantly again for wake. "Oh my god get him inside." She runs upstairs. I follow her quickly stumbling on one of the stairs. This jolts Crutchie awake and he starts screaming and crying.
"Jack! Jack my leg!" Tears are running down his pain filled face.
"I know Cruthie, hold on okay? Catherine's getting the doctor." She leads me into a spare bedroom.
"Lay him here while I go get the doctor." With that she leaves the room. Crutchie is crying hysterically tears flowing from his eyes.
"Crutchie it's okay, just wait a while." He  shakes his head sobs shaking his entire body. I've never seen someone look so fragile. I grab his hand and hold it tight, my thumb traces his, as an attempt to calm him. "I'm here, you's gonna to be fine." Slowly he calms down his eyes red and puffy from crying. Catherine's been gone for what seems like hours.
"Jack, I'm sorry please forgive me." A sob follows the last word. I grip his hand tighter and look at him.
"Forgive ya for what?" Crutchie takes in a shaky breath.
"Nothin' it's nothin' Jack. I'm just tired." He let's his head flop back onto the pillow. I'm about to ask him again with I hear the front door open and footsteps start up the staircase. Catherine walks into the room a doctor in tow.
"Hello my boy, I'm doctor Michaels. Let me take a look at ya." The older man walks over to Crutchie. He goes over a general procedure, checking his breathing and heartbeat. "You are clearly ill. Have you been eating at all? You are extremely thin."
"Yes sir I've been eating." That wasn't a lie we both know it. But he was still very thin from the months of not eating much. Dr. Michaels looked at his leg.
"That certainly doesn't look good." He touches it gently and moves it a bit. Crutchie let's out a pained cry, the doctor examines it quickly, trying his best not to hurt him. "I'm going to have to set the bone I think." The doctor gets a better grip on his leg. I look away staring at Catherine who has her back completely turned. A loud snap rings out over the room. Crutchie let's out a horrible scream and the doctor speaks up again. "It was just dislocated, not broken. You're all good my boy. I'll give you something for that cold." With that he stands. I look at Crutchie who looks to be in less pain. Dr. Michaels goes over to Catherine and talks. Crutchie reaches and takes my hand gently.
"The doc fixed you's up. You'll be fine now." He smiles at me and I hug him. "We're going to be fine now. You and me." Crutchie smiled his same wonderful smile and blush stained his cheeks. Once the doctor was done talking with Catherine she thanked him and he left.
"Crutchie your medicine will be in tomorrow. I'll go pick it up from the store."
"Thank you so much Catherine. I'll pay you's back." She rolls her eyes.
"Jack my father is a millionaire. You don't need to pay me back." I nod and smile a bit. "Well it's late you two get to bed." With that she leaves the room turning off the lights. I turn to go to the couch and Crutchie grabs my hand.
"You can sleep with me if ya want." I smile trying to hide my blush and he scoots over. I lay next to him carefully and turn to face him. Crutchie smiles at me clearly blushing.
"Goodnight Jack."
"Goodnight Crutchie." He turns away from me and hold him gently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! I'm so sorry for the long wait school got crazy and I was in Wisconsin with no wifi! But I'm back now and the updates will be back to the usual every 3-4 days. Anyway I'll leave this authors note here and I hope that you enjoyed this part! Ever yours-Lizzy 💖