Deals

I follow Oscar into the basement Morris at my heels.
"Be careful wouldn't want you's to fall." I say coldly my hands itching to shove him.
"You push me and we's beat that little cripple." He says, his voice flat. I keep my trap shut after that, rage building inside me.
"If you's touch him again you'll be sorry." I mutter trying to control my temper. We walk down the rest of the steps and end up in the basement. It's a large dark and damp room with an old printing press in the center. I look around. "Well ain't this homey?" Oscar cracks me on the back of the head.
"Shut it wise guy! Pulitzer said we could do whatever we want with you's. So you's better watch it." I hear shuffling from the corner of the room and see Crutchie pulling himself up.
"Jack! What are you's doing here! You hafta go!" Morris walks over to him.
"Keep your damn trap shut! You'll spoil the fun!" With that he kicks the bottom of Crutchie's crutch. It jerks forward causing Crutchie to stumble backward and fall into the wall with a hard thud. I am instantly walking over to Morris. Before he can turn my fist is in his face. Morris slams into the wall and he cusses at me. Within moments Oscar slams me into the wall so hard my vision blurs.
"That's it! We warned you's didn't we!" Morris stands and walks over to Crutchie.
"Dumb crips gonna get it!" I push myself off the wall only for Oscar to push me back and hold me to it.
"You shoulda listened to us." He sneers. I hear Crutchie's mumble plea's and frantic breath. Then I hear him cry out and start screaming. Meanwhile all I am doing to screaming threats at the brothers and trying to get Oscar off of me. "See you in the morning Jack." Oscar mutters grabbing my hair and pulling my head back. I try to shake him off but he slams my head into the brick wall. My vision quickly goes dark. It fells like only minutes have passed when I wake up. Romeo is above me his lips mouthing inaudible words. I look over his face then to the side my vision slowly coming back. Crutchie is sitting next to me his head in his hands. I reach for him and gently touch his arm. His head snaps up, his swollen eye tracing over my face.
"Oh god Crutchie..." I start but he cuts me off leaning down and hugging me. I hug him back.
"You shouldn'ta come for us. They's wanted you. We coulda made it on our own." He says and Romeo nods.
"We had accepted the fact that we wasn't as important as you's. That you had to be protected at any cost." I shake my head.
"Both of you listen to me. I am no more important than both of you's. I am going to go up there and talk to Pulitzer. I'll get you's out. Then we will band together and win this." Romeo nods a smile on his face.
"You got it president." He laughs. I lean up still holding onto Crutchie.
"Please be safe." He mumbles into my shoulder.
"I will be.Warn the boys for me will you's?"
"You'll tell them yourself..." I move the hair out of Crutchie's forehead and plant a soft kiss
on it.
"I'll see you both soon." With that I stand and trudge up the stairs. When I reach the top I pound on the old wooden door. Morris opens the door.
"Wada you want?" He spits. I simply stare at him.
"I want to speak wth Pulitzer." I utter simply pushing past him. He walks after me saying things like You's can't just barge up here. I ignore him and walk quickly through the hallways retracing my steps from before. I eventually reach the office and shove the doors open. "Mr. Pulitzer! A word!" I yell as arrogantly as possible. He is sitting in his desk smiling his same cheerful smile.
"Jack, I was wondering when you were going to be ready to discuss things." He adjusts his position and sits back comfortably. "I have a proposition for you. Please have a seat." He motions at a chair and I sit slowly. "Good, now, this deal will help you, your friends, and me. You are to leave town immediately after disbanding this little strike of yours. Once the strike is disbanded I will let your little friends go. Until then they will stay here and god help them if you don't follow through." I look at him trying to keep my expression neutral.
"And if I refuse?" I ask. He stifles a laugh.
"If you refuse? Well I will make an example of you by sending all of those little ruffians of yours to the refuge. Now that just doesn't seem fair does it? To have all of those poor boys subject to those conditions?" I tense up and he notices this. "So we understand each other?" I nod. "Good. Now then, why don't you run along and get started." I stand and he smiles at me. "See you around Jack." He says simply as I walk out. My mind throwing around ideas. Do I accept the deal, do I end our one chance at makin a difference? While risking my friends lives? Or do I end this strike? And save my friends in the process?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I watch the boy leave my office a laugh escapes my mouth. That poor foolish boy has no idea that either way him and his friends are  doomed. I laugh again and focus my attention back to my notes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is going to happen? Is Jack going to accept the deal and save his friends or are they all screwed either way? The suspense is killing me 😬! Even though I know what's going to happen! Well stay tuned for more!~Lizzy <3