Complications

Davey and I sat at the table. He talked about how his family was doing well and how much he missed seeing me. I look over at the clock after a while."It's getting late Davey. Why don't ya go home? Before it gets too dark." He looks over at the clock as well and stands up quickly.
"Oh, I was supposed to be home an hour ago." Davey stands, I stand up as well and walk over to the door. Davey looks at me for a long moment before kissing me. I stand wide eyed for a second unsure of what to do. Then I push him back pulling away.
"Davey, I can't. You know that." Davey looks at me again then turns quickly, practically throwing himself out of the apartment. "Davey!" I yell after him before I sigh. I turn back to the table and begin writing. After an hour or so I hear faint sobs. "Crutchie?" I call out standing and going over to my room. He turns away from me his small form shaking with each sob. I run over to him and sit on the bed. "What's wrong Crutch?" I ask him looking him over. He turns looking at me. Bags rest under his soft hazel eyes.
"Jack? Oh, thank god." He throws his arms around me and I hold him. "I musta been dreaming...thank god I was." I kiss the top of his head and look at him.
"What'd ya dream about?" I ask him. Crutchie looks away.
"The refuge...Snyder..." He's sheet white. I never really thought about how the whole ordeal screwed him up mentally. Snyder was luckily serving more years than he had left but it didn't help wash away the memories.
"The refuge is closed Crutchie, Snyder is in jail. All of those kids is fine! They's back with they're families." I say trying to calm him down. He's shaking hard, quickly I touch his forehead. "Shit you're burning up." I say standing back up. I run and get a towel and wet it then run into the bedroom. Quickly I drape it over his forehead and help him play back. "There we go." I say looking at him. Next I yank the window open, letting in the cold air. He coughs and shakes. I watch him pulling up a chair. "I'm gonna call the doc in the morning, okay? He'll check you out."
"Do you like Davey?" He asks. I glance over, he's looking out the window.
"What did ya say?" I ask.
"Do you like Davey?" The questions comes out of no where and shocks me.
"Why do you think I like Davey?" He looks at me.
"He kissed you...I saw him kiss you the door was open..." I go bright red from gilt and embarrassment. "If you like him I'll leave...I know I'm a burden."
"Crutchie, you ain't a burden and I don't want you's to leave okay? Stay here as long as ya need." I hold his hand and he doesn't hold it back. "Crutchie?" I look at him. He's asleep, I sigh. "You're really somethin' else you know that?" I kiss his cheek and stand. I should have pushed Davey away sooner. I shouldn't have lead him on. I didn't realize that he liked me that much. Now I have that to deal with on top of trying to get Crutchie better...shit...I sit at my table and begin to draw again. Eventually I just get tired of it and slam my pencil on the table. "Fuck..." I mutter looking at the blank page. I run my hands through my hair and sigh heavily. Then I stand grabbing my coat and walk outside. I'm going to talk with Catherine. See if she'll help me get Crutchie to the doctor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I pull the cloth off of my head and push the covers off myself. Reach for my crutch and get myself out of bed with some difficulty. I make my way out of the bedroom and over to the door. "If I make it back ta the boys they can help me. I don't wanna be a burden on Jack..." I grab a jacket and look at the table. I walk over and write a note in the book. Dear Jack, I will come back when I'm better so I don't burden you's. I'll be fine I swear, okay? I'll see you soon, love Crutchie. With that I walk out of the apartment and down the hall. I hate it when people baby me and try to take care of me. I appreciate it but I want to live on my own. I want to don't people to think I'm weak, I want to be able to take care of myself. I start down the stairs and eventually reach the bottom. My head starts spinning as soon as I reach the landing and quickly my vision starts to get dark. Before I can react my vision goes dark and I black out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aaannnddd I did it again! Welcome back to cliff hanger city! So who's nervous? I know someone is because I'm nervous and I'm the one writing this. People may ask why can't I just let my favorite character be happy and my response is I don't know. It adds some tension I guess. The next part will be out asap! So don't worry!!! And this story is going somewhere and I'm very excited!!! Well anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this part! I'll talk to all of you lovely people later~Lizzy 💖