Catherine's pt. 2

I woke up with the sun hitting my face. My hands fumble with the covers and pull them over my face. A dry cough escapes my mouth and I hear people talking outside the door.
"I just don't know Catherine." I hear Jack say before he drifts off. "Hey Crutch, you up?" He calls opening the door. I pull the covers off my face and look at him laughing a bit.
"Well now I am." He walks over to the bed and smiles.
"Are you hungry? I made some breakfast for you's." I nod leaning up. Something feels wrong, I look around the room. The walls slowly fade becoming more decrepit and dark, rot flows down the walls, mold and decay filling the air.
"Jack?" I turn back to him and he's gone. The bed I'm in is a cold metal one, a small blanket draped over me. "Jack!" I yell looking around me. The small space is crammed with bunk beds, children watch me from the other bunks whispering amongst themselves. A sinking feeling enters my gut as I realize where I am. "Jack!" I scream at the top of my lungs tears falling from my eyes. My voice is horse and my breaths are fast. The large door opens and Snyder walks in. The children fade back into the darkness of their bunks.
"Crutchie, what is with all of the racket? You'll wake everyone." He spins a cane in one hand and glares at me. "Jack Kelly is never coming back for you. He sold you out to save his own skin."
"That ain't true." I spit back my voice threading to shatter. He smiles at me.
"Really now? Because Jack left New York after he dragged you back here. Pulitzer gave him a pretty penny to round up all the boys. Ain't that right." He looks at the bunks and slowly boys faces emerge. Romeo, Specks, Spot, Race, Davey. They are all here every lady newsie. All of their faces are bruised and battered.
"We trusted you's." Davey mutters defeat in his voice. "You told us that Jack would never betray us." I shake my head.
"He...he wouldn't honest Davey. You all know that." They shake their heads. Snyder laughs and grabs my by the collar.
"Oh Crutchie you are so gullible. Now boys what do you say you get revenge on Jack huh?" He looks at them. They all smile. "After all Jack was going to rescue him and leave you all to rot here." He throws me to the ground with a hard thud. With that they all run at me, tearing at my body like hungry animals. I just scream and scream until I jolt up. My eyes quickly open to reveal Jacks horrified face. I shake my head and look away from him crying a scream on my lips. He pulls him into a hug and holds me tight.
"Shh Crutchie, it was just a dream that's all. Just a bad dream you'll be okay." I hug him back still hysterical.
"I'm sorry Jack." I bury my head into his shoulder. Catherine is standing next to the bed.
"Oh Crutchie you should have told me that the nightmares were this bad..." she puts her hand on my shoulder gently. I look at her and she smiles a bit. "I'm going to go get the boys. See if they can cheer you up a bit okay? I'll be right back." With that she left the room. I sighed and relaxed a bit.
"It'll all be okay Crutch. I swears to you." Jack smiles and kisses my forehead. "Just like Catherine said, the boys'll come over and cheer you up. Just you wait."