After

*Five Months Later*
I sat in my apartment looking around. I had finally finished unpacking my bags, which didn't take long. The apartment was finally set up, all of my things put in their proper places. A smile creeps into my face as I pin up one of my drawings. It's one of Crutchie sitting in a chair. His hair is falling out of his cap and there's a wide smile on his face. It's amazing that I have a place of my own now. Pulitzer was nice enough to rent this place out to me after I got a steady paycheck. I think looking back at the drawing. Crutchie was determined to stay with the boys, saying he could handle himself and I trusted him. I gave him my address and we said our goodbye. I haven't seen him in over 4 months, I'll admit that I was a little nervous. I kept wondering how he was, I'd been so focused with keeping this job and getting a steady pay. I did send him money, I gave a lot of it too the boys. A sigh escaped my lips and I walked into the small kitchen. Slowly I made myself something to eat. That's when a quiet knock sounded at my door. I looked over. "I'm comin'!" I yelled walking over to the door. Quickly I opened and the door. Crutchie stood there leaning on his crutch for support. He smiled at me, he was very thin.
"Hey Jack, long time no see." He laughed a bit and moved forward towards the door. Then he fell, I caught him quickly.
"Crutchie?! Are you okay, what happen to ya?" He looks at me his eye lids half closed.
"Jack..." He faints in my arms and I just sit there holding him.
"Oh my god Crutchie..." I look at his face. It's pink his cheeks stained with fevers. Sweat dotted his forehead, I could tell that he was sick. I carry him into my bedroom and lay him down on the bed. "Crutchie, you're burning up." I get a rag and wet it before setting it on his forehead. He breathes slowly, his eyes closed gracefully. I brush hair out of his face and rest my hand on his shoulder. I glance away and sigh. You shouldn't have left him. He needed you. I stand going back to get his crutch. His old bag is looped around it, I pick the crutch up and look through it. The picture I drew him is in there along with a dirty set of clothes. I stand, I should clean these for him. I pull out he tattered shirt and pants. I could run out and get him a new shirt and pants. I have the money. With that in mind I leave my small apartment and lock the door behind me. After a bit I return to my apartment shirt and pants in tow. I open the door and walk into my room. Crutchie is laying there half away.
"Jack? It's really you, isn't it?" He reaches for me. I take his hand gently.
"Yeah Crutchie, it's really me." He smiles. "What happened to ya?" I ask and his face drops.
"The boys got a new leader...he didn't really like me that much so I left. I got sick and had nowhere to go...I lived on my own for a bit. Selling papes and other things. Then it got worse, I didn't want to be so dependent on you's...so I waited..." I kiss his cheek.
"Crutchie, don't worry about it okay? I'm here for you's, you shoulda come sooner. I'm going to take care of you's, okay?" He kisses my hand.
"Thank you Jack..." I smile at him.
"I bought you some new clothes. Because you're other ones were tattered."
"Jack you didn't have ta..." He trails off.
"I know but I wanted to Crutchie. I love you remember? I love you and I'm going to take care of you, no matter what." He leans up fast and pulls me into a hug and I hold him. I hold him until he falls asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well that part came out quick! I couldn't let the story die I love them too much lmao. This is a continuation story so if you don't like it take the other part at the "true ending". Please give me feedback on this part because I want to know if this part is good or bad or if I should do something else. We'll just let me know guys!!!~ Lizzy 💖