Guests

I was out of bed fixing my cap when I heard a knock at the door. Jack opened it and smiled.
"Race, Romeo, Specs, its good ta see you's." I turn to the door and smile at them.
"Hey fellas!" I wave at them and Romeo runs at home pulling me into a hug.
"You had us worried Crutch! Soon as we found out you's was sick, we couldn't stop talking about you!" I hug him back and smile.
"I'm okay now Romeo." He nods looking me over.
"I mean you still look like shit." He laughs and I elbow him. "Hey, hey I'm just teasing you's." Specs walks over to us and hugs me as well. Race smiles and waves muttering more things along the lines of you look good. Jack stands off to the side watching us do our things. We quickly break into random conversations causing a roar of laughter.
"I missed you guy's." I say my voice dropping a bit.
"We're so sorry that you's got kicked out..." Race starts, I glance at Jack who has a stern look on his face.
"So you're sorry?" Jack laughs a bit. "So sorry for him that you's did nothin'?" They all look at him guilt strewn across their faces. "He coulda died. In face he almost did." Anger is in his eyes. "You don't deserve to be sorry!" They look at their feet, Jack turns from them. They slowly turn to me and I don't know what to think.
"It's okay really fellas." I smile hesitantly. "How about we all play cards or something." I look at Jack and he nods.
"Alright we can do that." Everyone gets the hands ready and we play blackjack. I glance at Jack who is growing calmer.
"How are you fellas doing? Are you selling enough papes?" I ask.
"Of course we is. You guys really saved our skin, I'm making a pretty penny now." Romeo says smiling. "You should really come back and help us out Crutch. It's not the same without you, or Jack for that matter."
"Yeah I know Romeo, but with my leg it's getting harder to sell papes. I could barely make it a few blocks before I had to rest. I wasn't pulling my weight." Specs shakes his head.
"Oh Crutchie you were doing just fine." With that he puts a hand on my shoulder.
"I think I should go and try something else. Maybe get a job making clothes or something." I shake my head.
"Makin' clothes? Crutchie you're shit at stitching clothes." Race laughs. "You said it yourself." I nod laughing a bit.
"I could get better, practice makes perfect they always say."
"Well the people who say that don't know how shit you are at making clothes." This causes me to laugh. "You're just as bad at making clothes as Romeo is at being romantic." Romeo looks over.
"Oh I'm gonna kill you Race!" He yells jumping on him. Jack laughs.
"Hey you to knuckle heads are gonna break something!" Romeo has Race in a head lock and looks over at Jack.
"Aw come on! I was only gunna sock him!" We all laugh and Race wiggles loose.
"I was just teasing you's Romeo, you're pretty good with the ladies." He rolls his eyes and we get back to chatting.
"Well we better get goin'. You comin' Crutch?" Jack looks at Specs likes he's crazy.
"Course he ain't comin'! He's too sick!" I put my hand on Jacks shoulder.
"I'll be back on the streets in a few weeks fellas." With that I hug each of them. "It was really good seeing you's." I say with a smile. They nod and mutter fair wells to Jack who is standing in the corner. With that they leave and I look at Jack his eyes filled with thought.
"I don't want you to go back on the streets Crutch." He starts as I turn from him.
"I don't care what you think Jack. I don't want you to pity me that's not what I-" he cuts me off shaking his head.
"I care about you so much Crutchie! I can't see you end up like my old man! He worked those streets until he died! I want you to be happy! I want you to live with me! To be happy and safe! I love you!" I look at him shocked, tears are filling his stormy eyes.
"Jack...I..." I go over to him and pull him into a hug. "I love you too...I'll stay with you as long as I'm not a burden." He kisses my head.
"Alright Crutchie...then it's settled. You'll stay with me."
"We sound like we's gonna get married or something." I laugh a bit and he mutters an I wish.
"Come on, let's go home. I'll get us coffee or something." I smile at him.
"I'd like that very much."