{24} Buckets

~Angel~

I groan in annoyance as the ringing of my phone wakes me up.

I ignore it and put my pillow over my face, waiting for whoever was calling me to take a hint and kindly fuck off.

Of course, the person on the other end was too dumb to be able to take a hint and kept calling.

"For fucks sake, what?!" I yell into the phone after as I answer without looking at the caller id. "It's four in the fucking morning and I was dreaming about Oreos and Nutella until you called me! This better be important!"

"Angel!" River's annoyed voice comes from the other end of the phone with loud wails in the background.

"River?!" I voice. "What the bloody hell do you want?!"

"Look, I'm sorry I interrupted your dream about Oreos and Nutella, but THIS STUPID PIECE OF PLASTIC WON'T STOP CRYING!" River shouts as the baby's sobs get louder.

"And what do you want me to do about it?"

"I want you to get your cute ass to my house and make it shut the fuck up!"

"I don't want to!" I whine, mimicking his words from last night.

"Please!"

"No."

"Please?!"

"No!"

"You can have another one of my hoodies."

Ladies and gentlemen, the way to a girl's heart.

"...I'll be there in ten."

*~*

Me, being, well, me, showed up to the Hale household in my pajamas, which consists of a pair of plain black Nike pros and one of Jayden's t-shirts, which I stole. I'm also wearing a black pair of Nike slides.

I wasn't going to walk here bare foot.

Just as I'm about to knock on the door, it swings open and standing at the door, is River.

Wearing only a pair of boxers.

And a wailing Sir Cumberbatch the Fourth in his toned arms.

I stare at his abs.

I want to lick them.

Before I can reach out to touch them, a crying baby is shoved into my arms.

"He's your son. Shut him up!" River exclaims, pulling me inside.

"My son? Just yesterday you were gloating about how he likes you better than me!" I shoot back.

He shuts the door, making sure to lock it, before turning to me. "And I take it back. Please make him shut up."

"You do realise that Sir Cumberbatch the Fourth stopped crying as soon as you gave him to me, right?" I question, watching his eyes flit to the baby doll.

And to his surprise, as soon as he had shoved Sir Cumberbatch the Fourth in my arms, he had stopped crying.

"Now, where's my hoodie?"

*~*

"Take your pick, m'lady." River opens his closet door, gesturing inside. "I'm going to go take a piss."

He walks through a door next to the closet door and I walk into his closet.

He has a section for just hoodies.

Well, there's something we have in common.

We're both obsessed with hoodies.

I flick through the hoodies before one catches my eye.

I take it off the hanger and hold it up.

It's black and has a basketball with a wolf -our school logo- on the front. The left sleeve says River and the right sleeve says Hale. I turn it around and I spot the word Buckets towards the bottom. The logo and words all done in white.

"I'm guessing you're a shooter?" I question rhetorically when I hear River come out of the bathroom.

"Well, I'm an all rounder but I make the most three-pointers on the team." He explains. "And I've had the nickname pretty much my whole life."

"Cool." I nod, admiring the hoodie.

I have one just like it at home.

"Do you want it?" He questions, making me look up him and shake my head.

"No, it's your basketball hoodie."

"So?" He asks, stepping towards me.

"So you should keep it." I answer, staying where I am.

"I don't use it much, anyway." He tells me, taking another step forward.

"You should still keep it." I argue, still not moving. "I don't want it."

Liar, liar, plants for hire.

It's Liar, liar, pant on fire, you idiot.

Whatever. We all know you want that hoodie.

Shut up!

You're only telling me to shut up because you know I'm right.

Or maybe I'm telling you to shut up because I'm sick of listening to some stupid voice in my head called my subconscious.

He steps forward again. "What if I want you to have it?"

When I don't answer, he takes the hoodie from my hands and puts it on me.

"Keep it, Devil."

*~*

IMPORTANT QUESTION BELOW:

Would you guys like it if I made a third book in the 'His Oreo Princesa' series?

Please answer because I don't want to make a tri-qual if nobody's going to read it.