{29} Lost (Thanks Hunter)

~Angel~

One thing you should know about the abandoned mental asylum, is that it is a two hour drive away from where we live.

Another thing you should know, is that we're lost.

"Hunter, you idiot!"

"How could you get us lost?!"

"My mom is going to slit your throat and smoke weed with your windpipe!"

"I hope Chewbacca isn't following us."

"Chewbacca?"

"Yes, Forest. Chewbacca."

So it was about an hour into the drive back, and Hunter dropped the bomb.

"Uhh, I think we're lost."

And that's what all the previous yelling was about.

And to make matters worse,

"Hunts, why is the car slowing down?" Ashlynn questions.

Then, the van splutters and comes to a stop.

I lean forward out of my seat and peak at the petrol meter before groaning. "We're out of gas!"

Everyone groans before simultaneously slapping Hunter on the back of the head.

"Hey, don't hit the driver!" He shouts, trying and failing to dodge our hits.

"In a car that isn't moving," River starts. "There's an exception."

And just to make a point, Raziel hits him again.

"Ow! What is it with you people and hitting me?!" He exclaims, rubbing his head, pouting.

I sigh before taking off my seatbelt and unlocking the car. I open the door and hop out.

"Hey, Gel! Where are you going?!" Jayden yells, hopping out, followed by River, Raziel, Hunter and Ashlynn.

"I saw a gas station a few miles back." I tell them, marching away, stuffing my hands in the pockets of my hoodie.

"Jelly, get your ass back here!" Raziel shouts.

"Angie, don't go!" Ashlynn calls. "Chewbacca could have known we were going to run out of petrol and he might be waiting at the gas station, ready to eat you!"

I keep walking.

"I'll go with her." I hear River sigh. "You guys stay here and make sure Chewbacca doesn't show up and high jack our car."

I hear the crunching of gravel as he jogs to catch up with me.

"What're you doing?" I question without looking at him as he starts walking next to me.

"You didn't think I was actually going to let you go alone, did you?" Is his reply.

I don't answer and he wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me to his side.

*~*

"It's fucking closed!" I growl, kicking the locked door of the gas station.

It took us about half an hour to walk to the damn gas station and when we finally get there, it's fucking closed.

The name of the gas station is literally '24/7 Gas Station'!

So much for 24/7.

You can say that again, Subconscious.

So much for-

I didn't mean literally!

"Calm your tits, Devil." River mumbles as he leans his back against the door and slides down, getting comfortable on the ground. "I don't know about you, but I am not walking another half hour back to the car."

He pats the ground next to him and I sigh before sitting down.

He wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me into his side like he did when we were walking.

"Soo...tonight was fun, right?" He questions sarcastically.

"So much fun!" I agree sarcastically. "I just loving getting chased out of an abandoned, haunted mental asylum by Chewbacca."

He chuckles before running a hand through my hair with the hand that was wrapped around my shoulder.

"I love your hair." He admits, playing with it.

"Really, now?" I hum, snuggling into his side as he continues playing with the raven locks.

"Mhmm." He nods absentmindedly. "It's so soft and silky and smells really good."

*~*

"Hey, wake up!"

River and I jump awake as someone yells in our ears.

We groggily look up and see an old man standing in front of us, scowling.

I look around and see that I'm snuggled into River's side and we're still on the ground in front of the gas station.

River and I hurriedly stand up and move out of the way as the man unlocks the door of the gas station.

We follow him in and he turns around, giving us a death glare.

"What do want?!" He asks angrily, spit flying everywhere. "We're closed! It's seven in the morning! We don't open until nine!"

River wipes his face before calmly replying. "We need petrol. Our car ran out a few miles back and we need to go home."

"I don't care!" The old man shouts. "We're closed!"

"Sir,"

He cuts River off. "I said, I don't care!"

I growl as his spit lands on my face again.

I wipe it off before I start talking.

"Listen here, Bucko!" I start, watching his expression turn from mad to startled at the practical growl in my voice. "We got chased out of an abandoned mental asylum by Chewbacca. Said Chewbacca almost ate us because my stupid cousin couldn't find the keys to the van. We got lost. Our van ran out of goddamn petrol a few miles back. All I want to do is go home and hug my mommy, so you better give us some fucking petrol before I slit your throat and smoke weed with your windpipe!"

And that's how you do it people.

The Legendary Summer-Storm Paris has taught me well.

He shakily reaches behind the counter and pulls out a tank of petrol and hands it to River, who takes it from him.

"Oh, and I want some Oreos." I add as an afterthought.

"Take whatever you want." The old man says fearfully. "Just don't slit my throat and smoke weed with my windpipe."

I smile happily as I skip around the shop, grabbing as many things as I can.

Especially Oreos.

"Thank you!" I call and flash a bright smile at the scared old man before bouncing out of the gas station to an amused River.

"Hi!" I exclaim, grinning at him.

He shakes his head in amusement.

"You are one of a kind, Angel Rose Paris."

*~*

Yay, Rivel!

I love Angel!

Do you like Angel? If so, why?