{37} Angel's Story

[WARNING: Mentions of abuse and r*pe]

~Angel~

I move my hands from River's face and wrap my arms around his neck. He grips my waist tightly and pulls me flush against him, our lips moving in sync. I tangle my hands in his soft brown hair as he encircles his arms around my waist tightly.

A few seconds later I pull away and rest my forehead on his.

"You know how the stupid ass, curious cat wanted to know my story?" I question, making him nod, his eyes still closed. "I think I'm ready to tell it."

He pulls away from me and leads me to his bed and we both sit down.

"Have you ever wondered why everyone in my family is more overprotective over me then Ashlynn or Tori? Especially Dad, Jayden, Raziel and Hunter?"

River shakes his head. "I thought it was just a big brother thing."

"Two years ago, Sophomore year, I met a guy named Will. He was sweet, handsome and kind. We started dating. The first few months were amazing. Then one day, he hit me."

"WHAT?!" River abruptly stands from the bed, making me grab his arm and pull him back down.

"Let me finish before you go off and kill someone." I unclench his fists. He holds my hand tightly as I continue.

"He apologised, saying he didn't mean to and it wouldn't happen again. Me, being the stupid sixteen year old girl I was, believed him. A week later, he beat me. Everyday. I was too afraid to break up with him at that point. I couldn't go to the police either because Will threatened my family and I would rather die than let anything happen to my family."

River tenses up as he hears the last sentence. I use my thumb to rub circles on the back of his hand, making him calm down.

"He would beat me everyday. And he was smart about it, making sure to do it where nobody would see the marks and bruises. One day, I lost it and punched him. Right in his chiny-chin-chin-chin. I heard a crack. But then...he r-"

River cuts me off. "Don't say it."

I ignore him.

"He raped me."

River takes a sharp intake of breath, pulling me onto his lap.

"I couldn't fight him off. I wasn't strong enough. I'm not my mom. My mom would have been able to fight him off and pin him in point two seconds flat. She would have slit his throat and smoked weed with his windpipe. But I'm not her. She took all sorts of fighting lessons since she was a kid. I didn't. I was pretty strong, but he was stronger. I mean, I can kick any guy's ass but back then, I was a lot skinner than I am now."

"You were skinnier?" River questions in bewilderment. "You're a stick now. What were you then? A chopstick?"

I shake my head before continuing.

"Just as he finished when Jayden, Raziel and Hunter burst through the door. Jayden pulled him off me and Raziel punched him. Will was a huge guy, towering over my brothers, but my brother have skill and speed, so one of them could have easily kicked his ass, but of course, they all beat him up. Hunter called my dad and he got there in seven seconds flat. He barged in and instantly punched Will in the nose, he broke it."

"Good." River nods.

"Dad was about to do more but Jayden convinced him to stop, knowing if he didn't, dad would go to jail for assaulting a minor. Jayden, Raziel and Hunter didn't stop though. They beat Will until he was black and blue and gushing blood. Dad called the police and Will was arrested for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and sentenced thirty years in jail. But the beating my brothers have him was so bad he ended up in hospital for two months before getting thrown in a jail cell to rot."

"Serves the bastard right." River grunts. "Although they should've just thrown him in jail."

"After that incident I went to all sorts of fighting lessons with Jayden, Raziel and Hunter, four days a week. My mom and dad also taught me a lot about fighting but didn't always have the time."

River hugs me to his chest.

"If that incident had to have happened around this time or on the near future, I would have been able to fight him off. I would have dumped his sorry ass on the streets the second his raised his hand to me."

*~*

"Forest?" I get up off his lap after about an hour.

"Hmm?" He looks up at me as I sit back down on his lap, straddling him.

"Be my boyfriend?"

"If this were anyone else, I would be surprised that the girl was asking me out." He explains. "But this is Angel Rose Paris we're talking about and we never know what to expect from her, so I'm really not surprised."

"Soo...?" I trail off, waiting for him to answer.

He grins.

"Hell yeah, Devil."

"Okay, good, because I wasn't going to take no for an answer."

He shakes his head in amusement before leaning forward and connecting his soft lips to mine.