{35} She's Worth It

~Angel~

"You've been a bad girl, Angel."

I watch in fear as he stalks towards me.

He throws a punch to my face and pushes me down on the bed.

He pulls his shirt of and starts unbuckling his belt.

"No. No! No, Will, don't! Please! NO! WILL, PLEASE!"

I shoot awake, panting and covered in cold sweat, sobs racking my body.

I look at the clock.

12:43PM. It's past noon and no one woke me.

It wasn't a nightmare.

It was a memory.

He's the reason I'm afraid to be in a relationship.

He's the reason I'm no longer innocent.

He abused me. He was smart enough to hit me in places that no one would be able to see. Sometimes he would beat me so bad that I couldn't move for two days.

His name name was Will and he broke me.

Crying, I shakily pick up my phone and go to contacts, going to favourites and pressing the one at the top.

Forest.

"What?!" His voice rudely comes from the other end of the line.

"F-Forest?" I start crying even more when I hear his voice.

"Devil?" He speaks up after a few moments of silence, his voice considerably softer when he hears the tears in my voice. "Ar-Are you crying?"

"C-Can you come over?" I question, my voice cracking as I cry even more.

"I'll be there in five."

*~*

"Angel?"

I instantly untangle myself from the mess of blankets on my bed and throw myself on River, sobbing into his chest.

He immediately wraps his arms around me protectively, almost like it's an instinct.

We stay like that for what seems like hours before I calm down and my sobs turn to sniffles.

"Who do I need to kill, babygirl?"

"No one." I shake my head.

"What's wrong?" He pulls my head away from his chest and stares into my eyes which were red and puffy from crying.

"I-" should I tell him? "Nothing."

He suddenly pushes me away from him angrily, but gently.

"Angel, you call me, crying your eyes out and ask me to come over. I come over and you become a sobbing mess in my arms yet you can't tell me why?!" He shouts in frustration. "You are driving me insane!"

"River, I just-"

He cuts me off.

"You just what, Angel? You just what?!"

"Forest, why are you getting so angry?" I ask weakly, watching him step further away from me like I'm poison.

"Did you really just ask me why I'm getting angry?" He growls.

I nod.

"I'm getting angry because I care about you!" He snaps. "I care about you so much it hurts! Seeing you cry breaks my goddamn heart, Devil!"

"I-"

"It sucks that I wasn't there to protect you from whatever the hell made you cry!" He continues. "And it sucks that all I want to do is be with you!"

"Forest, I-I can't be with you." I shake my head sadly, looking down.

"Can't or won't?" He asks lowly, stepping closer to me.

"Can't!" I exclaim, exasperated.

"Really? Because I think you won't." He states accurately.

"Go away, River."

He puts a hand on my face and caresses my cheek, tilting my head up so I was staring at him dead in the eye.

"I love you, Angel Rose Paris. And you are worth fighting for."