4: Secrets Hiding

Present Day

"You can go now, you know," Damon muttered to Eleanor as she was slumped against the brick outside of Stefan's cell, "Eleanor?" He pushed her arm and she shook her head, opening her eyes marginally. She was waiting for the youngest Salvatore to wake up so she could give him a smaller portion of blood to keep him from desiccating, fill only a third of his hunger and his cravings.

"I'm staying, Damon. You know that." She muttered, closing her eyes again and leaning her head back against the brick wall. Eleanor did not care if her hair or clothes got dirty, she never had ever cared about that. The eldest brother sat beside her, leaning her arms again his knees for support. She sighed, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"We should be arguing." Eleanor stated, a weak smile curling on her lips with surprise. Damon let out a half-hearted laugh.

"My brother needs your help, after that we can argue." Damon replied, finally resting his head against hers with sympathy. They had became friends over the last couple of days, staying at his place had made her get to know him better. Eleanor still believed in his dark side, it was still there. From the other side of the door, a groan was heard.

"After he is all better, I'll be on the road again." She mumbled as Stefan was waking up. Damon peered at her, curiosity smothered across his face. Why would she want to leave?

"El-" Damon sighed but she interrupted him.

"There is no turning back, Damon. I'm leaving again, end of." Eleanor told him before standing up and walking out the room to get Stefan blood. She couldn't handle telling him the truth.

❊❊❊

Elena just stared at Bonnie as she ate her chicken caesar wrap. For days she hadn't been able to see Stefan, wondering if Eleanor was cooped up in a tiny cell with him - sharing memories about their past to push humanity back. Damon had sided with her too, saying that Elena was being a bit too overprotective. She just had to trust Stefan to not betray her.

"You're still not thinking about the 'Eleanor thing', are you?" Bonnie asked, squinting her eyes at her best friend to know the truth. Elena had blabbered on about it to her best friends and it was pinned into her mind like a note on a cork board.

"I just can't stand the thought of her being around Stefan 24/7. What if-" But the witch intervened after she had put down her lunch.

"If he really loves you then he wouldn't go off with her," Bonnie comforted her before smiling, "Plus, their history seems a bit rocky if you ask me." Elena raised an eyebrow, knowing that Stefan hated his past so much that he had chose to hide from it. Did he want to shut her out too?

"I can't get jealous, I trust him. Honestly." She smiled, picking up her chicken and salad sandwich and taking a bite out of it. As she chewed on her food, she thought of ways she could find out what Eleanor was doing. But most of all, what she was hiding.

❊❊❊

"Stefan, you need to feel! For weeks I have tried to get to you, I've been in your head, I've starved you and weakened you from every point. But still, I have hope because you've been further off the rails and I know you can come back." Eleanor yelled at him, slamming a glass against the wall - the dry blood that was inside it had fell against the floor beside Stefan. He snarled at it, his under eye veins were growing stronger in colour. His gaze turned back to his former best-friend.