9: You're Going To Wish I Loved You

Present Day

Over the next couple of days, hours of Klaus's torments and too many shots of bourbon - they handed over the coffins. At first, the Mikaelson had kept Elena captive until he had gotten more of her doppelgänger blood for his hybrids, but there was only one person left and Elena Gilbert knew who it was.

"So you're just going to keep torturing me whilst these people around us build your house?" Eleanor asked, her eyes looking up to the iron chains dangled round her wrists which attached her to the support beams of the ceiling. Klaus smirked as he walked around her, studying her before slicing her lower abdomen. She gritted her teeth, not willing to show any sign of weakness as she had before. Her feelings for Stefan Salvatore were long gone, they only brung her torture, the toxicity of them making her end up here - getting butchered by an Original Vampire, "It sounds like motivation."

"It does indeed," He told her, kicking the chains that kept her legs together so the vervain that was laced around them touched her skin. As it prickled, she growled at him, "Your non-humanity days were fun, you know that Eleanor?"

"Just because I hooked up with you? Looking back, that was more torture than this." She remarked, her eyes looking him up and down as if he was some sickening drug. Instead of retorting he walked up to one of the hybrids that was helping build the house and greeted him.

"If anybody that goes under the name Gilbert, Bennett, Salvatore or Forbes wants to come in - tell them they have to book an appointment and I'm not free until they give the last coffin back." He murmured to him, ushering for him to leave the residence. Once he had left, Klaus returned to his puppet and raised an eyebrow.

"I forgot to tell him... They have 24 hours before I kill you in cold blood myself." The Mikaelson snarled at Eleanor before grabbing a nail. She winced slightly as he strolled back towards her, holding it only inches below her heart. Then slowly, he pushed it through her skin and into her flesh. For the first time in ages, she screamed.

❊❊❊

"So if Klaus doesn't have all of our friends in Mystic Falls, who does he even have?" Damon asked, speeding his car down the road in the direction of the Lockwood Cellar. It was in the forest, but the Salvatore thought it would have been quicker to get there by car.

"I don't know," Stefan replied, the thought of Eleanor not even going through his brain. He would never class her as a friend again, "But I have a feeling we will find out at dinner tonight if Bonnie and Abby can open that coffin."

"Problem is, brother, Abby can't even tap into her magic. So we have a Bennet witch and... Abby." The eldest sibling replied, turning his wheel so they drove off road and began through the trees. In the forest, the further they drove, the denser the tree's got.

"I'm still mad at you, so don't think this is a truce. Once this whole masquerade is over, you're never going to be a part of my life again." Stefan told him, keeping his eyes focussed on the nature that surrounded them. Damon scoffed, pushing harder on the gas pedal so they sped faster through the forest.

"You're still mad because I kissed Elena? Or are you mad that she probably enjoyed it?" He asked, smirking to himself as he recalled the memory of feeling the doppelgängers lips against his. It was the most extraordinary sensation he had ever felt, the bliss and the gentleness of her lips. Elena Gilbert was like an angel, even the devil could be tempted.

"If you weren't driving I would have punched you, snapped your neck and hung you from the ceiling of our wine cellar." Stefan told him, the memories he and Elena had shared before he was a slave to the almighty Klaus Mikaelson. If he hadn't got into his head and screwed up his life, Elena and Stefan could still be together. He hadn't bothered to see her since he turned his humanity back on; when he had, he never spoke.