11: Pretty Things And Diamonds

Present Day

This time she was drowning, not just in her own screwed up thoughts, she was physically drowning. Every time she tried to grasp onto the edges of the bathtub, something would cause her hands to slip and she'd remain in the water. As a vampire, if you drown you would wake up again. But this time, she stayed awake, watching her own body float until she took her next breath, then an invisible force would plunge her underneath again.

"Stefan!" Eleanor yelled, waking up from her dream and scanning the area. She was in Damon's Chevy Camaro, old folks music blaring from the radio. In the front seat, the eldest brother was singing along chirpily but then he heard her voice.

"Sadly, Stefan's not here," he pouted as he looked in the rear view mirror, "But the next best thing is." Eleanor rolled her eyes, rolling her head in circles to get rid of the aching pain. Beside her, a dress was folded with a bag full of make-up products. She raised an eyebrow at Damon notably,

"I'm not in the mood for this Damon, if we're heading to a party then turn back." She told him, unclipping her seatbelt. Last time she was inside a car, she had gone straight through the front window and she honestly didn't care if that happened again. Eleanor Hemmings had become one messed up woman.

"The Mikaelson's handed us an invitation," Damon replied with a smirk, "We can't miss it for the world. Plus, Elena turned up without us - therefore we need to make sure her heart still beats for the rest of this night." She could recognise the sarcasm in his voice, knowing that he would never willingly turn around. But she wasn't in the mood for starting a fight, nor would she be able to end it in the state she was in.

"So what happened back there, El? Stefan said that he found you on top of your Ferrari and wouldn't let him take you back." Damn you, she mentally thought - hoping somehow Stefan would hear it. As she peered at the scenery outside, she watched the world continue without her. In fragments, she remembered the events that had happened. She had seen Mara, lying there dead, reaching out to grab her. A shiver ran down her spine as she turned back to the eldest sibling.

"Just some bad thoughts, I had to get away from it all. I'm sorry, I'll deal with it." But as she peered out the window, the sky was growing darker and she couldn't tell the difference between fiction and reality.

❊❊❊

Stefan and Elena stood by the door of the Mikaelson Mansion, waiting for Damon and Eleanor to get here. He couldn't forget what had happened, the way she sounded as if she was in a trance - like she was recognising all of the rips and edges that she had made in the years she had become a monster like he was. Anxiously, Elena continuously glanced around the house, trying perilously not to be in awe of the house. Klaus had definitely done a good job; shame it would go to waste fairly soon.

"I see them." Stefan murmured under his breath, noticing Damon in his astounding jet coloured suit. Once he had noticed Stefan, the youngest brother had allowed himself to finally catch a glimpse of Eleanor. Her strapless dress was a lavender colour, hooked around her stomach generously before reaching the waist. It then erupted in all directions, flowing past her knees like a waterfall and then past her shoes. Eleanor had to hold it up marginally so then she didn't trip over, but it only made her look more elegant. Her hair was trapped inside her natural lose curls, spiralling out past her collar bone and landing directly on her diamond necklace. Stefan recognised it, it was one of his birthday gifts to her back in the 1800s, before they were lovers.

"Rule number one," Eleanor spoke as she linked her arm through Damon's with a sadistic smile, "Stare like that at your own date." Suddenly his eyes drifted towards Elena, who was wearing a shadowy but golden dress. Damon seemed more interested in Elena, but Stefan caught his eye aggressively.