8: Coffins

Present Day

"Stefan," Klaus's voice was sarcastic but playful, "Are you calling me to give me my coffins back?" The Salvatore chuckled as he put his phone on speaker, chucking his phone onto the passenger seat and placing both of his hands on the steering wheel as he kept his eyes on the road. Stefan was driving back to Mystic Falls, where he had kept the coffins of the Mikaelson's.

"Nope. You called me actually." He replied, studying the road he was heading down as he drove way too fast, other drivers frantically looking at him as if he were some type of lunatic. But he zoomed past the Mystic Falls sign, a feeling bubbling up in his stomach. It felt good to be back, but he needed to tell Damon his plan.

"Exactly, so give me what I want otherwise your little friends here die." Klaus spoke through the phone, torturing somebody so a piercing scream echoed through the air. Stefan couldn't figure out who it was and he raised an eyebrow, curious to who it might be. But it was a female scream, so it wasn't Damon, Matt, Tyler or Jeremy.

"You'll get them back soon," Stefan told him adamantly, "Don't kill them." Then the Salvatore hung up, cruising down the road as he turned up the music. It was a classic from the 70s that he had grown to love. But the music flowed through his ears, not even satisfying him the way it used to. He had a sister who was dead.

❊❊❊

The sun was at it's peak when she sat under a tree, the shade making her skin tingle even though she was laying next to the man she loved. Her eyes adjusted to the sun above her hair, then drifted down to her corset dress. Eleanor smiled as she realised what the memory was of.

"I would have preferred a beach," She sighed as she looked up at him and her hand sat on his chest lovingly, "but anywhere with you is the best place I could be." Stefan sat up, a small grin appeared on his lips before he stood up in a hurry. This memory was one of her favourites, she raised an eyebrow at him in curiosity.

"Let's go to the beach then. Perfect place with the perfect person." He told her, offering her his hand. She held the side of her corset dress as she rose to her feet and before she knew it Stefan had spun her away and rolled her neatly into his embrace. Against her ear she could feel his breaths, short and quick. Eleanor licked her lower lips before biting it and spinning so she faced his chest.

"Klaus?" She asked, noticing that Stefan's facial features had turned into the Original Hybrid's. He smirked the same playful smirk he had when she last had seen him, then his eyes met with hers. His eyes looked sinful, as if he had done something wrong.

"Hello Eleanor," His British accent was more obvious now but everything about him looked... Different, "Long time no see, should I say." That stupid grin wouldn't leave his face as she tried to move away, but he kept her wrists down as she struggled.

"Let me go! Get out of my head!" She yelled at him, feeling a surge of adrenaline to attack him. But he finally let her go, removing his cuff-like hands from around her wrists freely. Eleanor shook them lightly, avoiding eye contact as she turned around and began to walk away. She didn't want this moment ruined, not by Klaus.

"You remember what happened two hours ago, don't you?" Klaus questioned her, following her down the field as she left the side of the tree. She sighed, not even looking in his direction when she nodded. Eleanor placed her hands behind her back elegantly, knowing that the 1800's was her favourite time period yet. That was not just because she had met Stefan Salvatore.