22: Sandy Beaches

Back in 1932...

Mara giggled as she shifted into the horse and carriage, holding her lovers' hand as they rested against the pale wood that would take them to Mystic Falls. She had heard that the Ripper of Monterey was beginning to control his tendencies to feed; but Mara wouldn't allow it. Not in her devilish time on Earth.

"Oh, you must hurry," Mara whined to the chaperone who turned back to her with a frustrated look on his face, "I'd rather you with your head still attached to your spine whilst we make our way there. It would be a terrible waste if that pretty little face of yours never saw a single soul again, wouldn't it?" Startled, the horses hooves clicked furiously against the dirt as they made their way through the fields.

Her lover grabbed her hand and pressed a feather kiss against it, "And why must we get to Stefan Salvatore again?" He asked and she threw him a glistening smile.

"To destroy his life, Thomas, you know that. My little brother doesn't deserve happiness, he needs to keep intact with his vampire instincts. He decided to become one of those little devils, like you my darling, before I could even offer a chance to be under my not-so-angelic protection. What a shame! To think Stefan could've became the monster he's always destined to be." Mara whispered with a grin on her plump lips, watching Thomas trail kisses up her arm and finally to her shoulder where she could lift his head up by his chin. His fangs were protruding, the sharp ends almost sinking into his bottom lip as he looked up at his significant other with eyes full of lust and a glint of evil - just like she had hoped.

"Just a little," She instructed him like the little girl she was as she held out her wrist, "I don't wish to be tired by the time we arrive in the small town Mystic Falls, do I? I know what my fate will be in a few hours time, I'm just glad that you are willing to die along with me. How lucky am I to predict the future?" Mara licked her bottom lip as he removed his fangs from her bare skin and swiped the blood off his lips in a delicate manner. Thomas's tongue swiped along his teeth efficiently, removing any excess blood that had stained them.

"Very lucky, little love, I'm just upset that we cannot rule the world together. Once that peasant, Eleanor, has killed you - you know what to do." He mumbled to her, inching closer to her face as she gracefully tucked a hazel curl behind his ear.

"Of course. I'll destroy every mountain, home and even the grains of sand on this Earth, just for you, my darling," Mara felt the base of her throat tickle as he delivered her an extremely slippery kiss which could've grown heated if she let it, "I'll even kill the so-called 'Originals' in your honour."

❊❊❊

Looking down at her phone, she noticed that she had gotten a text from the doppelgänger, Elena Gilbert, who she fairly still disliked even though her fetish for Stefan's love had grown cold. It was a brief message, explaining that Mara had joined the possessed Alaric Saltzman's plan in killing the Originals. Holding her breath, she peered back up to Klaus and Stefan.

"You guys have got this in the bag right?" She questioned them as quick as she could, noting that Stefan didn't understand what she was saying until she rolled her eyes, "Saving the damsel in distress... And Caroline of course." Klaus smirked playfully.

"It's not even a question, love, Alaric wont stand a chance against us." The cocky Mikaelson replied, standing upright instead of leaning against the brick half-wall behind him. Eleanor tutted and rolled her eyes.

"Totally, Klaus," Eleanor hummed as she remembered the moments before when she completely shut him up, "It's not like he has a deadly white oak stake in the school that could kill a whole sire line. Mara's joined the queue to kill you, by the way, so I'm going to find her." She spun on her heel only for Stefan to grab her wrist and force her to turn towards him.