12: Two Feet On The Ground

Present Day

The next morning Eleanor woke up, remembering that she had decided to go home after she mucked things up with her ex-lover, Stefan Salvatore. But hopefully right now it wouldn't be anybodies main priority - it never was. Today she wanted to get out of town for a while, just whilst the Original's leave Mystic Falls and Stefan sorts his life back out again as he gets onto his own two feet. She didn't want to be there, constantly tweeting in his ear like a blue bird.

Damon had taken Rebekah back to his room last night, which meant that Eleanor could barely get any sleep. That meant she had no distraction from what happened last night, the kiss. The most she wanted to remember from it was the cliché ballroom dance with a perfect kiss with the most handsome man in the room. She could still feel his lips, the pressure and even the way his body mimicked her actions. Eleanor couldn't handle the whole situation, considering Stefan had really been her one and only love. Maybe Elena was right after all, she needed to leave.

But Eleanor was never one to give in to other people's orders, especially a human. So if they wanted her leave, why not find a better excuse to stay?

"'Cause I swear, it's the truth," Eleanor sung to the song from Dirty Dancing, dramatically pulling herself into positions she never could fully-master as a human, "and I owe it all to you." Rarely had Eleanor attempted to dance elegantly, but she had been taught a while ago. As she drastically moved around the room, performing kicks and all sorts of dancing, she settled down.

"'Cause I had the time of my life and I've searched through every open door... Till I've found the truth and I owe it-" Her stereo blared, the song suddenly cutting short as she peered towards the device. Damon stood there, a raised eyebrow as she stood with a hair brush in her hand and a finger pointing towards herself in the mirror.

"Don't tell me you haven't done this before, I will know you are lying." She told him, not showing a hint of embarrassment as she placed the hair brush back onto the guest room dressing table and lowering her arm. He smirked for a moment before pulling out a piece of paper. On the front it was in a scribble-type handwriting. As she took it from the eldest brother, she furrowed her brows curiously as she ripped the envelope apart.

"Oh crap," She muttered, earning an inquisitive look from Damon, "Mystic Fall's high school still think's I'm a new student. They're going to call the cop's if I don't return to school. It's been two weeks."

❊❊❊

The school was packed by the time she arrived, the bell ringing for second period. Stefan wasn't in the Salvatore Boarding house today either, reminding her that today she could walk into him. He wouldn't be back at the Mikaelson's, considering the amount of effort it took him to become free of Klaus's ropes. He was a hostage.

"Sorry I'm late," She walked into the room, pushing her bag further up her shoulder as she looked for the nearest spare chair she could find. Eleanor hated the fact that all eyes were on her, as if they could see through all of her clothes and deep down into her vampirism, "Sorry."

"It's fine, just don't be late for two weeks straight," This earned snickers from the rest of the class as he tried to calm them down, "Mr Saltzman." He introduced himself before turning back to the chalkboard and jotting down notes. As her eyes scanned the classroom, she noticed Elena. The doppelgänger had a strand of chocolatey hair tucked behind her ear, viciously scribbling down the words from the board before peering back at Eleanor and smiling. But then she turned around to her right, noticing that there was somebody else she was staring at. Stefan.

"In World War Two, many teenage boy's were being trained for fighting. They'd dig hole's in the ground and if they didn't make it in time, a truck would run them over. Imagine that being your younger brother, or even older brother - how would you feel?" But her eyes were locked on the youngest Salvatore's as he smiled back at Elena, acting as if Eleanor was invisible. She was right, Stefan could see through her as clear as day, he knew all of her habits and they had made memories. She was literally a piece of glass.