19: Decade Dance

Present Day

Stefan had to find a way to get Eleanor back. If Mara wanted his memories then he'd have to find another way first - but of course there wasn't one. So as he burst into Mara's temporary apartment that she had given the location of, he wasn't so sure that he wanted to do this. If he wanted to save his friend, he had to.

"Stefan! What a pleasant surprise!" Mara clapped her hands at the sight of her brother like a small child who had been handed a new toy. He rolled his eyes and hung up his coat on one of the hangers,

"Can we just get on with this?" Stefan asked, moving closer to her. She walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a fold-up metal chair.

"You're quite desperate," Mara giggled, "Now sit so we can begin."

❊❊❊

Stefan and Eleanor stood up, hand-in-hand and walked past the massive oak tree that was beside them. She said she wanted to go to the beach for her birthday, to the perfect place with the perfect person... It was all sorted.

"So, Stefan... What are we? You said you loved me and we do not talk about it? We just magically become lovers?" Eleanor asked him, holding her dress at her waist to keep herself from tripping over it. Lexi had it made specifically for her best-friend but it was too long. She didn't mind having to hold it up, knowing that it was beautiful and elegant the way it was. It was made of different reds, burgundy and rose.

"Of course, unless you want this to be one of those fairytale moments?" He asked her and she laughed, "Eleanor Hemmings, I here by ask you love me as I love you. I don't know where I would be without you, whether I'd be digging my teeth into some innocent human's neck or sulking over Damon's absence. But I know that I love you, here and now."

Eleanor bit her lip and smiled up at him, "But we're vampires-"

"Which means our love can go on forever if it has to." Stefan replied before taking her to a horse and carriage.

❊❊❊

Caroline and Elena were walking through the school gym which was being decorated for the 20s decade dance. Rebekah was the one that chose the theme, but Caroline hated it with a seething passion. It was as if the girl wanted her life, not even metaphorically, she wanted it literally.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" The blonde asked as she scanned the gym, holding a clipboard in her hands and ticking the boxes that were complete. She liked everything organised, it was easier for everyone.

"I just... I wish there was something I could do." Elena sighed, glancing at Caroline before picking up a chandelier. With a smile she asked, "Where do you want me to hang this thing?" The vampire let out a laugh before getting a fellow students attention, hollering him over.

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself." Caroline muttered before handing the student the chandelier, "Just no!" She huffed, placing down her clipboard and folding her arms over her chest. The doppelgänger let out a laugh.

The blonde noticed Matt and Jeremy, hanging the silver stars onto the ceiling, "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down." She explained to them, growing even more furious by the second.