20: When Death Comes

Present Day

It wasn't long before Eleanor was needed. Matt had walked over to her, explaining that Esther Mikaelson - the mother and creator of the Originals - had trapped everyone inside of the school. She put two and two together, noticing that Alaric had gone missing for a whole day. But it still didn't mean that he was completely transformed into the monster that lived inside of him. They needed Elena to get to him before the time was too late.

"You should go, Matt," Eleanor told him as some of the students began to leave the dance anyway. They hadn't noticed the salt on the ground, tracing in a circle so no supernatural creature could escape, "It's going to turn into a bloodbath if Bonnie doesn't break the spell."

"But somehow I always survive." Matt replied to her, handing her a cup of fruit punch. She took a sip, noticing that he had spiked her drink with more than just juice - there was a hint of rum. Eleanor smiled at him,

"Malibu's lovely - just like the drink. Maybe one day you'll find a girl who will travel the world with you." She told him, a hint of flirtation in her voice. He grinned at her, his pearly teeth showing as he poured himself a cup of punch and rum.

Matt took a gulp of his drink, "Hey, Scott - can you serve drinks for a while? I need a break." To his right, Eleanor noticed a rather tall chap who was alone. He nodded, beginning to walk towards the table as Matt walked around and hollered Eleanor to follow him, "We need to find the others." He informed her.

"Hopefully Klaus won't go all Karate Kid on everyone Bonnie loves until she finds a loophole." Eleanor murmured, wondering if it would even remotely end up to Matt. The Bennett witch must care for the human, but he was Eleanor's only chance for redemption.

"We can't guarantee that, can we?" Matt questioned her as they walked through the empty hallways. Nothing could ever be guaranteed when it involved Klaus, he threatened Eleanor's innocence to save Stefan. But still, in the long run, his protection over Stefan's safety had faltered into a fine bribe between him and the Salvatore. Eleanor already hated him with her guts. As they entered a Geography classroom, she spotted Damon, Klaus and Bonnie - the witch was bent over a map.

"Here. Jeremy made a little Gilbert blood donation for your locator spell." Damon told her as Matt and Eleanor sat down on one of the tables. Finally, the eldest Salvatore looked up to see them both as well as Klaus.

"Look who decided to join, the pointless human and the lost cause-" But Klaus was interrupted,

"Oh, shut up bastard. Even your own mother is trying to kill you right now." Eleanor hissed back, her eyes filled with ferocity. Matt contained a laugh as Damon watched closely. It was like they were playing a game of table tennis, constantly throwing insults at each other until one of them broke.

"You know nothing about my family." The Original Hybrid told her, his mouth set in a fine line.

Eleanor thought about her deal with Elijah, "I know more than you think, Klaus."

"I have to do this with you all lurking over me?" Bonnie asked, cutting the tension between the Hemmings and the Mikaelson. She was the one who was saving their lives' once again. After all, Bonnie had risked everything over and over again for them - but they repaid her by murdering her mother.

"You're still mad at me for what happened to Abby," Damon began, his voice sounding crippled, "Let me apologize. I'm sorry Elijah forced us to turn your mother into a vampire to save Elena's life. Didn't exactly have a choice." Damon reminded her, which wasn't exactly the type of apology that the Bennett witch was looking for. Her breathing grew harsher and tears formed on the brim of her eyes,