28: Hopeless Heart

The dress as brushing against the skin of her legs, and as Stefan drew her closer, her dress became tighter. As a lady, it was something that she had to put up with, but it was Stefan, and she didn't care. His hands roamed over the skin on her neck, his lips kissing her delicately as if he were afraid she would break. As a vampire, that was not their nature.

"Stefan," she said his name, her breath still hitched as he continued to roam his hands down her back. He leant backwards for a moment, and she caught his emerald eyes. "What if Lexi and Damon find out about this, don't you think they'll think that this will end badly?" she asked him innocently - even though she was far from it. He trailed his fingers in circles across her back, and she wanted to willingly give herself up to him.

Stefan scoffed, and then capture a smile between his lips, "Damon wouldn't care. He doesn't even care about me."

"You don't know that." Eleanor reassured him, placing a hand above his heart as a comforting gesture. He peered down at her hand, and then looked back up at her, and she felt his heart rate speed up. Blushing, she removed her hand.

"I do, El, it's Damon Salvatore. The big bad vampire who recklessly abandons his victims." He told her, lifting her into his arms as she squealed. He held her tight against him, and sat her down onto the window seat of their cottage house that they shared with Lexi. Damon was always elsewhere, probably somewhere with women. "Heck, he's not even here." Stefan tutted, standing in front of her as he began to undo his shirt.

"Let me do that for you, sir." Eleanor told him, standing up and slowly pushing the buttons through their holes. She could feel the want and desire dripping off of his skin, and she decided to tease him, but unbuttoning it slow. "Damon will come back, he'll be the brother you want in years to come. Whether it be in the 1920's or even 2000's if we make it-" She was interrupted by the Salvatore.

"We will make it," he comforted her, resting his hands onto of hers for a moment, "I know you've been receiving death messages from Klaus, whoever he is, but he's probably some hopeless human who has fell in love with you as I have done so!"

Eleanor felt a sinking feeling in her chest as she unbuttoned the finally part of his shirt, but it wasn't over that. It was over the fact that she had recently found out that Klaus wasn't a hopeless human, he was the beginning of her end.

❊❊❊

He couldn't get through to her. The call's weren't picking up, and every time he thought that someone had miraculously answered, it went straight to voicemail. Stefan cursed to himself, banging onto his steering wheel as he drove through the woods of Mystic Falls. He had half an hour left, half an hour to choose.

Elena had always been his number one priority since he had met her, and that was not because she looked like his past lover - Katherine - but it was because there was always something about her. The way she carried herself through every day, knowing that in the end everything would be okay. She had reminded him of himself once, the old Stefan who saw the light in every shadow.

Eleanor had stuck with him through centuries, and their love affair continued even through their darkest of days. She had always managed to bring him back from the edge without doubt, even if it hurt himself or someone else in the process. She wasn't delicate like Elena, she was reckless. That was the part of her which reminded him of Damon.

He hated this, the tears down his cheeks didn't comfort him in a warm hug which Elena could do and the tears wouldn't fade like Eleanor could make them. Stefan never had thought that he'd have to choose his past or present, and he didn't want to at all.