Sudden Kiss

Chapter Two

A half an hour later, Ethel and Rachel were at the town’s shopping center. When Rachel's eyes caught the sight of her favorite shop, she gripped Ethel's hand and dragged her to the busy store.

“Oh, look at this Ethel! It’s so cute!” Rachel had ran to the first rack at Jay’s. A child’s excitement clearly planted on Rachel's face as she looked at the short skirt that dangled from the rack. Ethel, on the other hand, started to feel uncomfortable.

There were so many people, and with the way her sister kept floating from one rack to the other, it was obvious that Ethel was bound to get lost in the chaos. With so many people around her, towering over her 5’3 body, it was almost impossible to find her sister.

Panic slightly filled her when she came to realization that if she was to get lost due to her sister bouncing around everywhere, that Ethel didn’t bring her cell phone. She sighed, realizing the safest way to pass her boredom as she waited for her sister to pick the perfect outfit to try on by the dressing room.

“Oh, no.” Ethel heard her sister say from her side before she was able to walk away. Turned Ethel saw Rachel face palm herself.

“What is it?” Ethel asked.

“I left my wallet in the car.” Rachel said. Seeing an opportunity to leave the store, Ethel smiled.

“I’ll go get it.” Before Rachel could argue against it, Ethel turned to squeeze her way through the crowd, realizing how packed it had gotten from the time she had arrived until now. She wished she were still back in her spacious house, trying to figure out what to do.

Well, no use in crying over spilled milk. What was done was done.

Someone stepped on her foot as she was trying to move it forward, and she lost her balance. “Ah!” She said as she tumbled forward.

Just before she backwards to the floor, something ... or someone grabbed her around her waist saving her from eating carpet.

Looking up, she found her face inches from a foreign blond boy. His chocolate brown eyes shone as his pearly whites did. Ethel could smell his cologne, which smelled like an ocean … Yet she also smell the manly smell that seeped through his pores, that she could only describe as being musty. “Hello.” He greeted her. “Are you alright?”

She stuttered as she looked up at him. She’d never been this close to a boy before. “Uh-u-y-yeah.” She said as she brushed her red hair out of her face with one hand.

He nodded in satisfaction. “Good.”

Ethel got lost in his eyes. They looked so deep, as though if Ethel looked closer, she could fall into them.

Suddenly, those brown eyes got a whole lot closer. Before she knew it, she felt a soft yielding pressure on her lips, and she realized he was kissing her. Her eyes widened, and she gasped through her nose.

The kiss was over quickly, but Ethel could still feel his warm lips on hers like a burn. The word burn made her mind jolt into realizing she can’t fall for this guy, she was not beautiful. She knew that her beauty was not something his dark brown eyes should ever love. Ethel also realized she was still in his arms, and people were staring, while some smiled and pointed at them.

Ethel went wide eyed, whereas the man that was holding her, Zeus just couldn’t believe he kissed the most gorgeous woman and she was now in his muscular arms. With eagerness the girl squirmed in his arms. He lifted her up right and gave her a warm smile, hoping she would smile back. Instead, Ethel lifted up her hood on her jacket and turned away. It took Zeus all of three seconds to realize she was running away from him. He took off in her direction, seeing her, yellow, hoodie pop in and out of his view.

The crowd was thick, and people were rushing everywhere, trying to get last minute shopping done before the designer store closed. Ethel, knew her sister would stay till they kicked her out, and Ethel was also very aware that the man that dare to kiss her was chasing after her around the store.