I'd Say I Want You Gone, But That's A Lie

“Beautiful, beautiful Ethel, even if you begged, you’re stuck with me.” Zeus said. He said in a joking matter. Ethel looked up at the persistent boy, ready to yell at him again to get out. Yet, she froze when she saw the intensity in his face. His brown eyes bore through her. She thought his glaze would surely paralyze her. “I’ll never leave you. Ever,” he spoke.

Ethel blushed all the way to the roots of her hair. Her slate grey eyes were wide in shock for he said words she never expected. All the sudden she smacked her lips and looked away. “Wha-whatever. You can do what you want!” Ethel knew that a guy like Zeus had to want something from her in order to be here and so determined.

Zeus on the other had became slightly frustrated at the fact that Ethel was so insecure, that she thought anyone that wanted to be around her must want something from her. He just wished he could do something to show her that he was here for her and nothing else. Zeus almost wanted to laugh at that moment, because if his old friend ever caught wind that he was trying to get with a girl for good, they would surely call him up and laugh to no end. For they knew Zeus’ past … a past Zeus wanted to forget … forever.

“Ethel I want nothing from you, but to see and be with you every day.” He honestly told her. Ethel rolled her big grey eyes in annoyance.

“Stop! Okay, please stop pretending! You can’t possibly want to be near me! NO one does! The only reason my family stands to be around me is because they have to, we are blood-related. You … You have no reason to hang around me.” She informed him. Zeus stood up and for a second Ethel believed he was going to leave. With the thought of him leaving she had to admit to herself that it broke her in two, but he surprised her when, instead of walking to the door and leaving, he bent down in front of her bedside. Their faces were mere inches from one another.

“You know what your problem is Ethel? You can’t see a good thing when it’s staring you in the face, but I will show you I am here to stay. That I promise.” Zeus told her in a stern voice, not breaking once. She didn’t say anything. Ethel even began to feel light headed because she was holding her breath. His voice was so strict and something inside her knew he was going to live up to his promise. Yet, she wondered if sooner or later he would give up and see that she was a lost cause.

<><><><><><> 

(Special thanks to Kyeire for writing like half of this, if not more!!! You are too awesome!)

Sorry its so short, I plan on updating another chapter either today or tomorrow!