Playing Around

Chapter Five

From the moment Zeus entered the backyard of his dad’s friend’s house, he caught eye of the red headed girl, which was analyzing his parents with curiosity. Her grey eyes floated from his dad, to his mom and finally they locked eyes. Zeus wanted to smile as he looked into the most beautiful eyes he had even seen, but a part of him said not smile. All the sudden her eyes drifted away and roamed around the yard an innocent manner.

“Ethel, why don’t you come here and meet my best friend?” Ethel shook her head at her dad’s suggestion. Zeus could tell that she was very uncomfortable in their presence. He at that moment realized that Ethel was a shy kind of girl. A thought of how he kissed her passed his mind.

She must have run off because she was shocked and embarrassed … Zeus thought to himself.

She wasn’t usually his type, but somewhere between meeting her eyes for the first time and liftinghis lips from hers, seeing her blushed cheeks and wide grey eyes … anyone would have fallen for that.

“Let’s go to the kitchen. I bet Mary would love to see you again, Amber.” Said David, Ethel’s dad. They all nodded and proceeded inside. But Zeus stayed outside with Ethel. She must have noticed because she released a little sigh, that he just had to smile at, for he couldn’t hold it in any longer. She was just so adorable.

Ethel’s hands slowly rubbed up and down her arms. He knew she was either cold or being insecure. With long strides he walked over to her. Ethel’s silver colored eyes glanced up at him. Zeus took off his leather jacket and draped it around her shoulders.

Ethel looked at him with surprise, where as Zeus still had that silly smile plastered on his face.

“T-t-hankyou.” Ethel said in a rush, timid voice. Zeus chuckle, she must defiantly was not his type. He liked woman who can speak for themselves and knew they were beautiful inside and out. Yet, this grey eyed beauty seemed to somehow draw him in. With that he laughed to himself.

He’s laughing at me! She thought with anger.

She didn’t know what she did, but she pouted and looked away, but she kept the jacket. It was covering the parts she didn’t want seen … for the most part.

But why did it have to smell so much like him? Ethel wondered as she got a good sniff of the scent radiating off the leather jacket.

Zeus laughed some more, surprising Ethel. She gasped and looked back at him. “Why are you laughing at me?!” Her small red lips were still pouting and her eyebrows drew down adoringly over her beautiful blazing ashen eyes. Zeus’ laughter grew stronger, and Ethel blushed fifty different shades of red.

“C-cute! So cute!” Zeus couldn’t help but say as he tried to protect his body from Ethel’s small fists.

From the kitchen, Mary was busy washing her hands at the sink when she happened to look out the window. Her eyes grew wide, her mouth hung open. “D-David, Honey!!!”  She said extending the Honey part in distress.

To see Ethel getting along so well with Zeus was a shock to her, seeing that Ethel hardly talked to anyone besides family. But as Mary gawked out the window in awe she saw her daughter running around the yard chasing after Zeus. This made Mary smile, but as for her husband he came in kitchen with a frantic look.

“What?! What happened? Are you okay?!” He asked with worry etched out on his face. Mary said nothing, but just pointed to the window. David crept over to get a view of what his wife was looking at. His eyes widened when he saw his daughter, Ethel tackling Zeus and straddling him while trying to punch him.

David didn’t take this kindly. He stepped back and headed out to the backyard. He ran over to Zeus and Ethel, separating the two. Once they were standing and David was in the middle of the two he looked at Zeus.

“What the hell did you do, punk?” David didn’t let Zeus answer, he turned to his daughter. “Are you okay? Did he try and hurt you? Or did the prick say something to you?” He asked Ethel, who shyly shook her head.

“No … dad we were … we were joking around.” Ethel easily lied to her father. The guilt of lying to her beloved father ate her up inside, but she kept her mouth closed and eyes trained on the green lawn.

“Oh … I’m sorry, Zeus for misreading the situation … ummmm … carry on?” David said in more of a questioning way. He was shocked that his soft-spoken daughter was getting along with someone that wasn’t their family.

David slowly walked back in the house, muttering to himself about how he could have never dreamed of this … His daughter … talking and … playing? With a stranger, much less a boy.

Mary watched closely as her husband made his way back in. She smiled when he walked fully in and closed the door.

“Did you hear what she said to me?” David asked Mary. Mary shook her head. “She told me she was playing around with him … Ethel … our secluded daughter.” Mary grinned wider.

“I know…”

Right then and there, Mary and David knew what to do. They were going to make it to where Ethel and Zeus would be able to hang out a lot … Because after all by the looks of it, Zeus was Ethel’s first friend, and they were going to make sure they stayed that way... forever.

Yet in the back of David’s mind he wondered what would happen if Ethel fell in love for Zeus … And he broke her heart…

David decided that he would have a nice little chat with Zeus and explain what happened to people that hurt his daughter, especially his daughter’s heart.

<><><><><><>

35 Votes Before I Update Again! (: