c h p 3

claudia's pov

it's been a couple months since madison and i have met, and we've grown pretty close too. we've hung out every weekend and i haven't been bullied for a long time. life is actually pretty great now.

i don't take my pills as much anymore because my doctor said i was doing better, so aunt carol got really happy and relieved.

"okayyy so guess what?" madison squealed as we sat at the lunch tables.

"what?" i furrowed my eyebrows as i took a bite out of my sandwich.

"i was finally invited to a party!" she clapped her hands with excitement. "it's tomorrow night and you're coming too—"

i nearly started to choke on my sandwich when those words left her mouth. excuse me?

"um, what now?"

"oh you're coming, definitely." she smiled. "claud come on you said you were tired of people making fun of you so, this will help."

"but—"

"ill help you get ready, you'll be fine babe."

i sighed and looked down at my food, suddenly not hungry anymore.

"what if he's there?" i whispered.

"who?"

"justin..." i breathed, my throats growing dry at his name.

"claudia don't worry about him, i'll be there with you the entire time."

i sighed and nodded slowly.

"ugh okay fine i guess one party won't kill me—"

"YAYYY!" she cheered as she hopped out of her seat and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"mad. i. cant. breath—"

"oh shoot sorry!" she quickly pulled away and giggled.

"sorry i'm just really excited." she bit her lip from cheering again.

i giggled at her expression and we continued to discuss about the party. i mean yeah i was sorta excited i guess...it's like my first party. but then again i'm scared to death.

"but i swear mad if you leave me for one second at the party i will leave." i mumbled.

"i won't i won't i swear." she threw her hands up in defense.

the rest of the school day went by pretty fast, so i quickly sent a text to aunt carol.

me: hey carol, mad and i are going to the mall so i can buy something for a party i'm going to tomorrow night.

aunt carol: oh wow, that's a first lol. sounds good! come home before dinner, love you.

i smiled and turned off my phone as we hopped into madison's car.

"you excited?" she giggled while she kept her eyes on the road.

"i mean i don't know...i've never really gone shopping before..."