c h p 22

claudia's pov

my eyes slowly peeled open, the sunset seeping through the blinds as i groaned quietly. has it been 30 minutes yet?

my head was rested on justin's bed, my hand still interlocked in his as i sat up slowly.

i moved my hand to his cheek, his face still warm as i watched him carefully. above, the clock read 6:30. it's been an hour and a half, realizing that it's been so long and making my heart break.

"hi baby...you're not awake yet." i cleared my throat as i felt a wave of sadness wash over me. "there's this thing online where it says unconscious people can hear you, but for all i know that could be all bullshit." i chuckled softly as my lips twisted.

"i love you so much, it literally physically hurts me not knowing who did this to you...and the second you wake up, you're telling me everything, and i mean everything."

what if he doesn't wake up claudia? what if he stays like this, forever? what if you'll never get to see him speak again? what if you'll never get to see that smile that melts your heart? what if you'll never get to hear the sweetest things he has to say about you when you're feeling sad? what if it's over?

i felt a tear roll down my cheek as i bit my lip shakily.

"god why would someone hurt you like this? i love you so fucking much, please wake up-"

before i finished my sentence, the door slowly creaked open, my eyes landing on someone i didn't expect to see.

"madison?" i mumbled quietly as i felt my eyes continue to water.

"hey." she sighed. "i heard what happened, i'm so sorry."

"what are you doing here?" i asked slightly annoyed.

she glanced at justin and bit her lip.

"you're my best friend, how could i not be here? and i'm sorry. since you're my best friend, i need to support you and your relationship with justin. i know i overreacted, but i'm truly sorry. i can tell you guys truly love each other."

i bit my lip and stood up as i walked over and gave her a hug.

"i'm sorry."

"no i'm sorry."

i sighed and wiped my eyes slowly.

"i hate seeing justin like this." i felt my voice break as i glanced back at the bed.

suddenly my stomach growled making madison raise an eyebrow.

"okay how about i get you something from the cafeteria, because you need something to eat." she paused. "don't worry, he's going to wake up soon, i know it."

she blew a kiss to me as i gave her a smile and watched her shut the door.

i walked towards the door and placed my hand over the wall, the little kid drawings of a girl and her family on the beach.

my heart twisted as i continued looking around at all of the photos of babies and people standing next to their loved ones in the bed.