c h p 4

claudia's pov

"go go go!" madison hollered as she shoved me into her bathroom to change for the party.

"okay okay sheesh." i giggled.

i quickly slid off my jeans and sweatshirt and pulled my dress on. i looked like a slut, jesus christ. i took my hair out from my bun and walked back into the room.

"okay good good use my straightener to straighten your hair." she spoke quickly as she went back to doing her makeup.

after straightening my hair, she did my makeup as well and i slipped on my heels. i grabbed my jean jacket and headed out to the parking lot with maddie. i could barely walk in the heels but i eventually managed it.

"dude you look hella fire. everyone's gonna have a hard time not staring at you." she smiled.

"yeah right, mhm..." i laughed at her statement. "here lemme take a picture of you. we have to forever remember this moment!" she squealed as she pointed to the wall of a restaurant next to the parking lot.

i awkwardly made my way to the spot and smiled.

"no claudia, act sexy."

"i don't know how to. " i complained.

as she demonstrated i mimicked her and shifted my weight to one side and stuck my hip out. this felt really weird, but it wasn't that bad.

"oh my god slay!!" she exclaimed as she took several pictures.

when she finished she gave her phone to me. my mouth nearly dropped open when i saw myself. okay there is no way this is me.

we made our way to her car, but my stomach kept doing flips

we made our way to her car, but my stomach kept doing flips. i mean, i was pretty nervous. what if people laugh at me? what if i'm judged? ok stop worrying yourself claudia, it's a party...calm yourself. you're supposed to have fun, right?

once we reached the house, there were flashing lights everywhere and the music was extremely loud. this made my stomach churn even more. two girls were making out on ground on the front porch. awkward.

once we reached the front door i took a shaky, deep breath and madison grabbed my hand.

"we got this." she assured me.

i curled my lips and nodded before the door flung open, one of justin's friends standing by the door.

"ayyyyy more girlssssss-" he slurred. geez how much did he drink?

"fuck off." madison cursed under her breath as she shoved past him, pulling me behind her.

there were lights flashing all over the place, making me a little dizzy. in the kitchen there was a bunch of food and drinks. well i'll probably be there the entire night.

"okay i'm gonna say hi to stacy over there, are you fine alone-" madison raised an eyebrow.

"uh yeah i guess-"

"okay i promise i won't be gone too long. i'll be right back." she assured me as she began to walk away. great. i'm alone.

i pulled down my dress slightly and made my way to the kitchen, feeling eyes burning into my back. i grabbed a cup and poured myself some lemonade and began sipping it in the corner, watching people grinding on each other to the blasting loud music.

i'm such a dumbass, why am i here? this is absolutely a waste of time. this isn't even fun.

i grabbed a handful of pretzels and began munching quietly to myself, but immediately lost my appetite when i heard the familiar voice i despised, laughing.

a few moments later i see justin walking into the kitchen with his friend and they sat at the stools in front of the counter. fuck fuck fuck.

i put my drink down and covered my face as i made my way to the bathroom quickly. i shut the door quickly and let out a breath when i faced myself in the mirror.

thank god i made it out of there without him noticing me. i took a deep breath to calm myself, and stared at my reflection. "you can do this." i whispered as i opened the door slightly, looking around for justin. okay it looks like he left.

i fully opened the door and took a small step out and began making my way to the kitchen again. where the hell is maddie? i groaned and stood against the fridge as i scrolled through my phone. i noticed my drink was still on the counter so i continued to drink it. even though the lemonade started to taste a little funky, i didn't think much of it continued to drink it.

a few minutes after scrolling through my phone, my vision began to blur and my head started to throb. what the hell. i put my phone back in my purse and stood up to walk over to the counter, but of course that was a bad idea. i tripped and fell in my 4 inch heels, only falling into a pair of arms instead of the ground.

"woahhhh." i heard a faint voice. "you okay there?"

i looked up slightly, only noticing it was justin. i gasped and stood back up, trying to remain my balance. why the hell am i so dizzy?

"uhh y-yuppppp-" i slurred. what the hell was in my drink? oh fuck, someone must've slipped some vodka in it or something while i was in the bathroom. god kill me now.

justin must've been drunk too because he started to laugh weirdly, his eyes wandering around my body. "whatssss a pretty girl like you doing here aloneeeeee?" he slurred.

did he really not recognize me? wow.

"uhm-"i started slowly. "my friend kinda ditched me-" i continued until i noticed a change of his facial expression.

he furrowed his eyebrows and squinted his eyes to look at me. "waitttttt. are you the nerdddd?" he slurred, putting his hands on my face for clarification. i swallowed hard and looked down, not saying a word.

"woahhhh when the hell did you get so damn hottttt?" he winked as he grasped onto my butt.

i slapped his hand away and stared right back at him. what the hell is he doing?

"don't touch me." i spat.

"hey come on don't be like thatttt." he cooed. "i'm sorry for hurting you-"

was he apologizing to me, right now? while drunk? he probably doesn't mean any of it. he's not gonna remember this by tomorrow.

"the only reason why i did all that shit to you was because..." he stopped, leaning in closer. "i likeee youuu." he whispered before crashing his lips onto mine.

i refused to kiss back so i shoved him off and slapped him in the face, hard. he cursed under his breath and i began to walk away quickly towards the door.

"claudia?-" i heard maddie's voice trail from behind me. i slammed the door and took off my heels and began running down the street, tears running down my cheeks violently. i should've fucking killed myself when i had the chance to...