c h p 15

claudia's pov

my head was relaxed on justin's lap as my feet were dangled off of the couch.

justin stroked my hair gently as i felt as chest expand while he took a deep breath.

"justin?" i finally spoke up.

"mm?"

i scooted my head back so i could watch him upside down.

"are you okay?" i sighed.

"what? yeah i'm here with you-"

"no." i stopped him. "i mean in general, these several past days, weeks."

i watched as he gulped quietly to himself, my answer clear.

"come here." he mumbled as he helped me sit up and repositioned me into his lap so that my legs were wrapped around his waist as my arms were placed behind his neck.

"i'm fine now, i promise." he sent me his white pearly smile which made me melt. "besides, i have you in my life now-so yeah, i'm better than ever."

that made my heart leap as i felt my lips curve into a small smile.

"aww justin." i whispered as i felt his hands on my back pull me towards him.

i leaned in and pecked his soft, plump lips, making me giggle in excitement.

he smirked against my lips as the kiss deepened.

"i love you." he breathed in between before reapplying his soft lips.

before it got even more heated, the door swung open, making my stomach churn, as if all of this was happening in slow motion.

"justin i'm home-" i heard a high pitched voice chime into the living room, a pair of eyes sinking into me.

i removed myself from justin as i sat on his lap, shocked and nervous on what to do next.

justin cleared his throat awkwardly and licked his lips nervously.

"mom i can explain-"

"what justin?" she spat, her face growing cold. "how long have you been seeing, her."

i cringed at the way she referred to me.

"mom-"

"the fact that you went behind our backs and-"

"MOM!" he shouted, which startled me slightly. "you don't understand. i love her."

i gulped as i watched the way his mom react to his choice of words.

"she makes me feel, amazing mom." he smiled as he looked down at me. "like i'm worth something."

i bit my lip as i watched his light caramel brown eyes shine with true happiness.

he brought his attention back up to his mom as he swallowed hard, his jaw clenching slightly.

"i'm finally happy again." he paused as he thought about what he was gonna say next. "ever since...j-jazzy."