c h p 8

claudia's pov

after madison ditched me i decided to head to the library and look for the book i've been wanting for a while.

as i walked in i searched and searched the aisles but i couldn't find it. but once i reached the last aisle the book immediately caught my eye.

i gasped and quickly ran towards the book and quickly read the back of it. wow this sounds good. but i don't wanna check out just yet.

i opened the first page and began to read. even though i heard loud footsteps enter the library my eyes were still planted on the book, god this is so good.

i heard the footsteps come closer and closer so i forced myself to look up, only noticing that justin was less than 2 feet away from me, shit.

i felt my heart drop once i noticed he was walking towards me but before i managed to say anything he shoved me against the wall and smashed his lips onto mine.

i gasped once his hungry lips reached mine. what is happening? do i kiss him back?

i decided to just follow my instincts and kiss him back. wow, our lips moved in sync perfectly...i never knew he felt this way...wait. is this why he kissed me at the party?

more questions filled my head so i quickly pulled away and glanced down.

well shit this was awkward.

justin brushed his thumb against my cheek and moved closer to me.

"i-i can't do this." i finally breathed.

"w-why?"

i sighed and licked my lips nervously. i slowly glanced up, his light caramel eyes staring right back at me in confusion and sadness.

"i-i just can't." i mumbled before i picked up the book and the ground and cleared my throat.

"claudia-"

"i-im sorry." i backed away from him and began to walk away quickly. i lowkey felt bad that i just kissed him like that and just backed away, but what the hell was i supposed to do?

first off we were in a library. second, justin's my BULLY. i wasn't just going to forget the past and what he's done to me. did he think i was going to get over it that quickly?

i shook it off and quickly checked out the book and headed out of the library. god where was madison? i needed her now.

"madison!" i shouted when i spotted her by the water fountain.

"oh my god there you are!" maddie turned around quickly and pulled me into a hug. "i need to tell you something-"

"he kissed me." i breathed. "justin."

"WHAT?!" she shouted.

"shhh sh i know-" i whispered.

"did you kiss him back?" she blurted.

"what?" i blinked quickly.

"did you-kiss him?" she repeated.

"i-"

"CLAUDIA TIHAN!"

"i'm sorry okay?? what was i supposed to do?"

"hm i dunno...maybe shove him off? slap him?"

"but he's been nice to me lately-"

"um hello? claudia are you even listening to yourself? we're talking about justin. justin bieber! your bully!" she scowled.

"i know okay? but maybe..." i looked around quickly. "maybe people change."

"you've gotta be kidding me...so what? are you gonna date him now?"

"no i didn't say that." i hissed. "i'm gonna just give it time."

"and then you're gonna date him?" madison squinted.

"okay maddie I DONT KNOW OKAY??" i shouted. "even if i do you have to support me on this because you're my best friend!"

she sighed and glanced down at her fingers.

"claudia-"

"i mean i'm not planning on dating him, ever...but you gotta forgive people sometimes okay? like i know he did all that shit to me...but you can't hold it against him forever. people can change. he apologized to me and i feel deep down that he really meant it okay? i trust him."

"you do?" i heard a voice ask behind me.

i turned and saw justin standing there with a slight smile on his face. well this is awkward, again.

"uh i mean, yeah i guess." i tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"look i'm sorry about what happened back there-" he curled his lip.

"its fine-"

"i just-i don't know where that came from." he chuckled awkwardly.

"pft i do." madison snorted behind me.

i slapped her hand and she hissed in pain.

"well i'm sorry madison, i know you hate my guts but." he breathed out slowly. "do you maybe wanna start over? and claudia."

"sure." i nodded slowly and faced madison.

she groaned quietly and curled her lips.

"fine." she mumbled. "but one thing, please stop calling me madison, i hate it. call me maddie."

"okay sorry." justin quickly replied. "well, i'm justin. nice to meet you both." he smiled cutely and shook both of our hands.

"you too." i giggled.

"ya mhm." madison mumbled.

"i'll see you guys around." he winked at me then took off.

wow who would've thought the person who despised me the most actually lowkey had feelings for me?