c h p 23

claudia's pov

first day back at school, after loads of crying. so much crying.

my aunt even got worried about me, so she decided to take me back to my doctor. turns out my depression and anxiety is acting up again.

i swallowed my pills quickly as i slid on my hoodie and regular leggings, my usual outfit these days.

i haven't worn makeup in forever, there was really no point anymore. i felt ugly inside and out.

i slid on my hoodie as i walked down the stairs slowly, my backpack over my shoulder.

i shut the door and walked out to my porch, spotting madison's car right there.

"hey." she spoke softly as she watched me stumble in.

these past few days, she's been completely different around me. she's not fun and bubbly, she's just quiet and calm around me, i guess because of the way i am.

"hey." i mumbled as i rested my head on the side of the door.

"you okay?" maddie mumbled as she started the car.

"sure." i mumbled as i felt my eyes burn, my eyes glued to the window.

once we got to school, maddie had to go to the counselors office to discuss her schedule change, which left me all alone. just like old days.

i sniffled quietly as my weak hands unlocked my locker, the shakiness of them making it hard to open it.

before i grabbed anything, i heard a laugh.

not just any laugh, his laugh.

i shot my eyes into his direction as i spotted him walking with his friends, his expression completely fine. like he wasn't dreading our break up as much as i did.

a tear slid down my cheek as i picked up my backpack and shoved it in my locker, but i forgot that my zipper was unzipped, so my medication came falling out.

all the pills popped out of the bottle, making me curse under my breath as everyone just stared.

i quickly put the pills back into the bottle until i watched footsteps approach me.

"ah so i see the nerd had a lil fun and now is poppin pills at school? man when will you stop?" i watched as one of justin's friends chuckled at me.

i ignored him until i watched him grab the bottle out of my hand.

"please i-i need that-"

"depression and anxiety hm?" he clicked his tongue. "awwww poor lil baby."

"come on man just give it back to her." i heard justin finally speak up, his voice a little harsh.

i looked up and immediately caught his caramel brown eyes staring back at me. his eyes softened as he quickly glanced away.

"fine." he mumbled as he handed it back to me.