c h p 25

claudia's pov

after the door shut, i heard madison's footsteps inch towards me.

"thank god you're okay." she started, hearing her voice crack. "i was terrified...thank god justin-"

"does he hate me?" i whimpered as i kept my eyes on the window.

"are you serious?" she sighed. "justin could never hate you. no matter what. he loves you so much and cares for every part of you. he left right after class and went speeding down to your house after that video you posted. when i came a few minutes ago, i saw him claudia. he was afraid. he didn't know what to do with himself."

i breathed shakily as i moved my eyes to the bed.

"he probably thinks i'm insane." i felt my eyes pinch.

"you're not insane, claudia." madison spoke carefully. "you just need support right now, okay? that's all. you're going through something and you can't be alone. we're all here for you claudia. we all love you so much."

i turned my focus to madison, noticing her eyes were red as her distressed expression watched me carefully.

i felt terrible for putting them through this. making them put up with my stupid decisions.

i didn't intend to hurt her or justin. i was just hurting too much, i couldn't do anything else about it. both my brain and heart said yes.

i swallowed hard as i felt my eyes begin to water.

"i'm sorry." i spoke shakily. "i didn't mean to scare you so bad. i'm so stupid-"

"it's okay, and you're not stupid. i love you so much and now i love justin so much more." she smiled making me chuckle through my tears.

"just promise me." she started. "you won't ever try to take your life again, please? i cant lose my other half."

i twisted my lips as i nodded slowly, my heart throbbing as she reached over and gave me a gentle hug.

"i love you so much."

"i love you too maddie."

when she pulled away, i quickly cleared my throat and adjusted my pillow.

"can you ask justin to come back?" i swallowed hard.

"of course." she spoke as she stood up and walked towards the door.

a few moments later, i heard the door close. i could feel him staring at me.

"claudia-"

"can you just come here." i whimpered as i watched him walk towards me.

"okay, are you feeling okay? do you need anything-"

"can you lie down with me." i blurted as i watched his expression change. "please."

"yeah, course." he cleared his throat as i scooter over a little, feeling his body crawl on top of the bed, his warmth comforting me.

i breathed out slowly, feeling relaxed for the first time in a while.

he wrapped his arm around my waist, as i snuggled into his chest.

"i love you." i whispered, feeling him pull me closer to him.

"i love you too, claudia."

his scent felt my nostrils, making my hormones go crazy, causing tears to whelm up in my eyes.

"i'm sorry." i breathed out into his chest,
making him sit up quickly.

"hey hey." he mumbled into my ear as he caressed my back gently. "don't cry, you're okay now. i'm sorry i wasn't here for you before. i was just being a dumbass-i thought ending things would be the better choice for us..but i was wrong-"

he stroked my cheek with his fingers as his gaze was fixed on me, making me a little nervous.

"i need you in my life claudia." he breathed.

my eyes widened slowly, as i lied back down into his chest, his presence relaxing my nerves.

"i need you too." i whispered before i fell into a deep sleep.

justin's pov

"how is she?" i heard madison's soft voice echo from the door.

i turned slowly, clearing my throat quietly before i opened my mouth slowly.

"i think she's okay." i spoke hesitantly.

she nodded slowly, making her way over to the bed where claudia and i lied.

she sighed quietly, watching claudia sleep peacefully before i heard the door open.

aunt carol came walking in slowly, her breath hitching as she watched us an claudia.

"oh hey guys." she smiled sympathetically.

madison and i greeted her carefully before madison nodded her head slowly.

"why don't we get a coffee? you could use some energy." madison smiled sweetly as she patted her back and lead her out. "you can stay with claudia, justin."

she gave me a small smile as i returned it. i turned back towards claudia, her chest rising slowly making me sigh.

"i love you beautiful." i whispered as i walked back to the bed and sat down on the chair next to bed, rubbing her hand slowly, feeling a wave of relief wash over me.