Chapter 28: The aftermath

The air was quiet with the smell of burnt trees and crops, the entire of ALO now looked like a wasteland and reminded more of hell.

Kirito stared at his friends as they helped NPCs and other players out or they're were resting from receiving damage.

Leafa: you feeling alright brother?

Kirito: 10,000 people both NPCs and players died in this battle, that's way more for then what we lost in sao.

Leafa: I know but why didn't she think about it first and make such a stupid choice.

Rain: you better watch your mouth before you say something.

Leafa: She killed 10,000 people!

Rain: that wasn't her!

Leafa: she could of made a choice before!

Rains eyes turned from his Sapphire colour to a ruby colour and started gripping his sword.

Scout: Kirito, we need to show you something.

Kirito: what is it?

Scout: we found them...

Kirito and Rain both turned to the scout party and followed them into the sky.

After about 5 minutes flying they began arriving at their destination, huge amounts of trees were missing and smoke was still rising.

Scout: will leave you in peace.

Kirito: thank you.

Rain and kirito continued flying until they saw the area of impact and 2 girls lying on the ground.

Rain: no...

Kirito: Asuna!

Kirito dived down and landed quickly beginning to run and form tears in his eyes.

He looked at them both and saw blood all around them with a sword each in their body however he noticed they were holding hands and they had dry tears down their face.

Kirito: Asuna please wake up...

Kirito grabbed Asuna and hugged her with all his strength while crying.

Rain was holding yuuki and stared at her with tears in his eyes.

Rain: it wasn't your fault, you didn't know what you were doing and I know you did your best to fight the evil away.

The rest of the group arrived and looked at the scene in shock and had tears run down their faces.

A group of men arrived and held 2 boxes to put them in.

Kirito: they won't be necessary...

Solider: I'm sorry sir but we have to take them away.

Kirito: I said no!

Solider: we have orders.

Rain charged at the soldiers and hit one but he couldn't damage them because of the safety program put on.

Solider: you can't stop us.

A katana suddenly appeared through one of the soldiers body and was pulled out in a second, the man fell to his knees and disappeared.

Mysterious women: anyone else?

All the soldiers ran away and disappeared from site.

Kirito: how did you manage to bypass the program.

Mysterious women: angels can bypass anything really.

Rain: Angel, wait do that means if you can bypass your...