chp 9: The mystery unfurls

grover

It was all so awkward. Some demigods had been attacked and though most escaped, some didn't, and when we went to find them, instead of a carcass, we found a neatly piled stack of bones, eaten clean and also broken to get to the marrow inside. It was one of the most gruesome sights.

"Hey, come quick grover, they are here!" a small kid of hermes called me.

"Coming" I said, as I ran towards the road.

Bob and Thorn were the only ones who could tell me what was going on.

"Grover, wait." Chiron ordered. I stopped, he called me in.

"but-percy, cab, bob" I mumbled as I halted, but ready to rush as soon as possible.

"I have sent some kids to them, we have a much er- important guest, here."Chiron said blankly, I hated that poker face of his.

"It's okay Chiron", a woman said from behind him"we will not start without my daughter, and the two monsters."

I greeted annabeth's mom as quick as possible and ran off with a nod of thanks.

"That grover is something, however mature or responsible he turns, he goes head over heels after Percy and Annabeth." Chiron said as I ran.

I quickly helped those guys out of the car driven by Argus and took them in.

"So, what is it?" Annabeth asked, looking at Athena, as she entered.

"Calm down dear, the guy Geryon has been to alagaesia, a place which we had banned from going to, and hidden from mortals due to the odd flow of magic there, after those residing there were affected by it and have been attacked by the ra'zac, some decendants of gaia, grover here must be knowing them." she said, staring at grover in the end.

Grover's eyes widened, "You mean those blood sucking flesh eating flying black cloaked things?"

"yes, and I'll ask dad (zeus) to contact alagaesia and get current news, till then, you guys prepare for leaving."

"Who will you contact?" Chiron asked.

"The gods we created to keep watch there, of course." Athena said cheerfully, as if it was something everyone ought to know.