chp 16: Amethyst

A/N: Ok guys I have updated the previous chapter so if you only have it upto the dragons beginning to race, pls delete the story and add it to your library again. That should solve the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyways this one is dedicated to Ilovethegods97 for the support. Thanks a lot for reading everyone.

Adurna

Come on Saphira-elda, you can do it! I cheered.

"Yeah just a bit more Saphira." Annabeth cheered too.

With a last groan, the egg popped out of her and she relaxed.

Eragon picked it up and washed it in the small pool of water and began polishing it. Saphira snuck her head beside him, to see her egg. We could feel the life force emanating from the deep purple egg.

"Shouldn't the egg be a mixture of green and blue, the colours of its parents?" Percy asked.

My dear rider Annabeth rolled her eyes and explained the entire genetics of dragons and how the colour has only 25% chance of being that colour and may be from the recessive genes too. She said that Saphira's dominant blue was seen but was mixed with Firnen's (Arya's dragon, sorry for spelling if it is wrong) recessive deep red, giving a ghastly purple colour to the offspring. It was clear on percy's face that his seaweed filled brain (thats what my rider believes) could not understand anything except that the egg got Saphira's blue but didn't get Firnen's green.

Eragon-elda had finished the washing and walked over to all of us others with the egg. He told us that this one will probably be a free dragon as Saphira wished so. I understood as one of Saphira's parents was wild and her son (hazel found the gender out from the life force) being the first one would be a big honour.

All of us went over to the egg cave to place the new egg amongst the others. Bob, being a former lord of the underworld, is adept in shadow travel. He comes too, along with the half lion, bull like Dr.Thorn. (thorn's body may be lion like but Percy calls him having a bull like face in the book in which he saved nico and bianca)

After that the others had dinner while we dragons went of to have a nice time of our own. lovewind and argentum lay together, chatting personally. blafor and garsk were lying together in another corner while Saphira lay beside me going on and on about being a mother. That got me thinking that I may be a mother too, though I wasn't sure who the father would be, as no single male dragon existed who may be interested in me. I saddened at the thought.

You do have Thorn you know. Saphira said.

Yes elda but I do not believe he would be interested in me.

And I thought you were overconfident!

WHAT!! WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK SO?

Well you do think you are the greatest dragon ever to be born.

I believe I am better than LOVEWIND not all others!

Ah, that I agree my dear, in skill you are but she is attractive, you have to give her that.

But I want to be in a relationship too! After hearing you, one of the most noble and intelligent dragon I know of, chattering like a human teenager about having kids, I want to be a mother, mate with someone after hearing you and Firnen do it.

Y-you heard? Oh my gods I am ashamed of myself. I laughed at that.

Yeah I heard, I was hunting nearby that day. Got me real turned on.

wow, so only you right?

Yeah only me but I still have all those disgusting images in my head of it. I am going to stay away from you whenever Firnen and Queen Arya visit now onwards. I said, sending her those images. I was sure she would be blushing full on if it was possible for dragons and giggled at the thought.