chp 11: The Voyage

Leo

"Time to leave, everyone!" I shouted, from the Argo II, which had been repaired and prepared for the journey, it had been battered too badly, it would have been counted as beyond repair, unless my dad worked on it of course, which he had done.

Everyone boarded the ship, shouting farewells. "Here we go!!" I shouted, as I ordered festus to get us in the air.

Everyone began retreating to their cabins, while I sat on deck, steering the ship to go off to the location annabeth had shown me on the map.

Athena had spoken to her in her head and given her details, how this cruel guy Galbatorix had ruled alagaesia and then how this apparently cool dude Eragon killed him, about dragons and riders, dwarves, elves, some grey folk people, who existed before the Gods were sent here. There was a lot that she said to her and also told her of the pure energy, called magic by the alagaesians, flowing in the lands.

She gave annabeth a basic dictionary on the ancient language, to which the 'magic' was bound.

We were on course now, and festus assured me that he would call me if anything happens, even the tiniest thing that may affect our journey.

some days later........

Murtaugh

"My dear husband, a flying ship has reached near the coast of Teirm, there is only one person on board visible but through scrying him, our magicians in the city found out that there are eight young people on board, along with 2 strange creatures and there is a lot of energy emanating from those kids." Nasuada said to me.

"Hmm....this could be a very serious problem. I'll contact my brother, then go to meet them tomorrow morning, as it is quite late tonight." I replied.

I went to the mirror in the communications room which was connected to 4 different mirrors, across alagaesia, in Surda, in Farthen dûr, in Ellesmera and in the rider city. I walked upto the mirror connected to Shur'tugal celöbra and contacted Eragon.

"Murtaugh! How are you brother, what is it that you have called me for?" he said, not looking disturbed at all, though it was very late at night.

"I and Nasuada are fine, I apologise for calling at such an awkward time but I have some important news." I said. He stared at me intently, curious about what I was  about to say. I told him all about the ship and what Nasuada had told me, I also unfolded my intentions of going to meet the visitors.

He stared as keenly as before and then spoke,"Very well. I like your idea of meeting them, and would expect a full report from you tomorrow and if possible, I would like to speak to them myself. As not much can be judged from what information we already have, all I can say is be careful and try to maintain peace." he said and smirked at the last part.

"Okay brother, I shall do as you say, have a good night, may the stars watch over you." and with that, I severed the connection with a one-word spell.