chp 10: Shur'tugal celöbra

Percy

"Wow really? You have a different set of Gods there?" I asked.

"Well yes, they were created when we declared alagaesia unfit for mortals and put magic so that mortals would pass right through it, those idiots still think that the pacific ocean is the size it is and that there are 7 continents." Athena explained, smirking towards the end.

"So, you have isolated the continent from all other beings except yourself?" Annabeth asked.

"Demigods, monsters, etc, can go if you believe in its existence, maybe that guy Geryon heard of it from someone, thats how he was allowed in." Athena said, happy that she was able to spread knowledge.

"Good, so we can go." jason said.

"yeah, you have your ship, so just pack everything and be ready, you will receive the news by tomorrow morning." Athena said as she stood up and disappeared.

After a few moments of silence, leo spoke up, "So, what are you waiting for?"

"nothing, lets pack and then report for dinner by the campfire." I said.

Everyone did just as I said and I went off to my cabin. "Percy!!" I heard from somewhere. "Tyson?" I asked.

"brother!!" he said as crushed me.

"You friends with monsters?" he asked me in his own cute way. "yes tyson, by the way, how are you?" I asked him.

"Good, Dad gave me a day off to help you go to that place where flying monsters come." he said "but by what way?(he misunderstood the meaning of 'by the way')" he asked, sounding confused.

"Nothing, but I am very happy that you are here." I said. "Can I meet new friend?" he asked.

"Yeah sure, help me get everything ready to go, then you can meet them at dinner."

"Okay." he said, with a big smile on his face.

"How was your after marriage trip?"

"Great." I said, getting all red.

Then we went off to pack.

Eragon

"Welcome back Kvîstor, what news in alagaesia?" I asked the dwarven prince, the second eldest son of Orik, the name pained me still but I was happy that Orik had named his son so.

"Greetings Elda, everything seems fine, as usual, though there are rumors of someone coming from outside alagaesia and being converted to a shade, but then returning home, though there is no evidence except a kid who saw it happen." he said, bowing at the start.

"hmmm....I hope that is all it is, a rumor, only time shall tell, nothing else?" I said, as calm as possible.

No elda, that is all. said Kvîstor's beautiful female bright yellow dragon called garjzlaskular or garsk for short.

"Then you can go and rest." I said and turned away.

It had been about 10 years since Galbatorix's fall and I had trained 2 new riders, one dwarven, and one kull. The kull, frixiad, was from a famous urgal village somewhere near Teirm. His majestic male gray-black dragon blaka freohr or blafor, was in a relationship with garsk.

We had settled on an island, in a huge lake, roughly double the size of the farthen dûr mountain into which the river which we had followed, drained. It was perfect as it had a high mountain with a ledge protruding out, and a huge cave just behind the ledge.

We had settled on the ledge as it was well protected, being almost impossible to scale without flying and the cave served as the place to store the eldunari and eggs. The cave had been fitted with a door and the elves had used magic, similar to the disappearing spell, to bend light and heat inwards. This kept the eggs warm and the eldunari got the much needed light to get energy.

The surrounding lake gave a clear view to any approaching person and the forest around the lake had enough food for the dragons. There was a big patch of flat land behind the mountain, on the island, where the elves now performed agriculture, singed to the plants to get a fine produce.

The city was named Shur'tugal celöbra, meaning honour of dragon riders.The hall was built in the center of the ledge, which could hold a city double the size of Doru Araeba. The surroundings were spotted by the armoury, containing fine weapons made by a young elf from Silthrim, who had apprenticed under Rhunön but was not under the same oath as her.

She had built the swords for my 2 new students, Kvîstor and Frixiad.

There were the training grounds on the other side of the hall, which were not used too much nowadays, just for daily practice in the morning.

There was a huge library, as big as the one on Vroengard just out of earshot of the training grounds. The sheer edge of the ledge was where the kids had launched off for their first flight.

There was also an elf specialised in saddle making who worked in a small building, making perfect saddles for everyone. She was excellent at her work and had also made me a new saddle, in which I could lie down and sleep while saphira flew, with many more safety feautures but also a lot of comfort. She had added cushions in the saddle, between two layers of the leather, which were enchanted against wear and tear. The saddle also just clamped on, making it much more comfortable for the dragon.

The kitchen and dining hall were built separately, behind the main hall, connected by a passage thick enough for Shruikan to pass.

Close to the mountain, there were a lot of thick trees, which the elves had sung into houses, similar to the one I stayed in at Ellesmera. It had the same amenities along with some additional ones. This was where the riders were to stay, though only ten had been created yet, considering the fact that if more are needed, the elves would make more within a span of 3 days.

There was also a huge guesthouse, human size, as it was for non-rider guests. The elves, which had grown in number all due to queen Arya, resided between the hall and guest house in their cute little tree houses and had formed a community of 50.

A couple of dwarves lived here too, mining for minerals and maintaining the cave and ledge. They helped building stone structures such as walls for defence and forts too. The elves had surrounded us by hidden watchtowers, which were more hidden among trees than their houses.

I hoped that I would get more students as these were ready and Alagaesia needed more riders.