chp 15: the dragons

Annabeth

It has been a few months since the eggs hatched and I am delighted. Pipes, Calypso and I have become much stronger since before and have also started using magic. My seagreen female dragon Adurna(ancient language for water), is big enough for flight and I am going to have my first flight today. Actually all three of us will fly today for the first time.

I checked the time and seeing that I had only five minutes, took up pace towards the cliff edge. As I approached, I saw percy beaming at me over there, standing right beside Adurna. I was mesmerised by the sight of the rising sun's sunlight, reflecting off Adurna's scales which ranged from a light watery green to pure cerulean blue, and onto his face. My whole world stood before me, percy and Adurna were all I wanted.

Next to them stood Jason with one arm around his wife's shouders and the other protectively on her super sized stomach. Piper had bloated like hades in these few months and I was surprised she had not burst. Beside her, stood her hot pink female dragon lovewind which according to aphrodite was perfect as the dragon did look like love with wings. I agreed too as the colour of her scales was dark rosy pink to the light shade of a blush and they resembled cute little hearts. She was very proud of herself and considered herself to be the most beautiful dragon that walked the Earth. She was proud but responsible, never forgetting her duties.

Next was Leo and Calypso, Calypso nervously stroking her dragon argentum, meaning silver in some ancient language Calypso liked. Argentum was a very peaceful male, with pure silver scales with an ivory belly. He seemed magnificent with the sunlight reflecting off his elegant body. He was a calm and composed guy, one who could easily pass as a knowledgeable person should he have been a human. Leo's hair was on fire with exasperation.

I quickly sprinted towards Adurna and used my momentum to get on her back. I just loved the soft saddle.

good morning my dear rider.

"good morning Adurna, ready to fly?"

of course.

"Don't make me even more nervous annabeth!" Percy groaned.

"Oh dont worry, Zeus may not like you, but he has no problem with his granddaughter." I said cheesily.

He gave me a glare and jason walked upto us. "Hey, dont worry dad wont strike your girlfriend out of the sky."

Percy seemed to get a tad bit better and nodded.

I was about to give him a reassuring kiss when someone cleared their throat. We turned to see master Eragon.

"You can express your love in private later young rider, it is time to fly."

My face went pale before I noticed the smile on his face. Then, it turned light pink and then as red as the setting sun. "Yes elda."

Get ready to fly young riders. Saphira said.

I am ready elda. Adurna said, obviously excited. She was a bit impatient and loved adventure. I was worried that she may risk too much and make us lose some day in her excitement and overconfidence.

I heard that Annie, I am not overconfident.

I cursed. I had forgotten about our mental connection.

Ah but you are.

Its not my fault I am the best among us three dragons.

Yeah thats why argentum likes lovewind more than you.

Hey!!Thats rude.

"Ok then, time to go, Adurna, you first, followed by lovewind and argentum in the end." and with that order Adurna leapt off and my heart considered taking a break right then.