Chapter 1 - Prologue

Standing next to Caleb, I couldn't help but smile. He held my hand, kissing it happily. We'd been together for two years. Our children, Axel, Jordan, and Alice, were over a year old. To be exact, they were a year and three months. I chuckled happily seeing them in the crowd with my parents and sister. They each held one of the little rascals, and I smiled as Jordan, our runt of a boy, smiled up at me. I then looked back at Caleb, smiling as brightly as I could imagine possible. He had proposed to me on our kids' first birthday, and now, we stood before each other at the altar.

"Alex, do you take Caleb to be your lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and through health, through good times and bad?" I smiled hearing those words.

"I do."

"And Caleb, do you take Alex to be your lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and through health, through good times and bad?" He chuckled, smiling at me happily.

"I wouldn't have it any other way..." We shared a happy smile, and the pastor smiled at us both.

"You may now kiss your husband." We both grinned as we wrapped our arms around each other, happily kissing. The crowd, mostly filled with the pack, cheered. I laughed as we broke the kiss, getting surrounded by our babies. I laughed as Jordan, still so small, reached up for me to pick him up, whining. I picked him up happily as Caleb picked up Alice and Axel. Jordan giggled and nuzzled to me happily.

"Our perfect family..." I smiled at Caleb happily, and he chuckled as he kissed me. I smiled and kissed back, and the kids giggled. We chuckled at the three of them, and Isabella came over, taking Alice from Caleb. He rolled his eyes, chuckling.

"Perfect indeed." We both chuckled, and I smiled as he pecked my lips. The kids all giggled at us, and we smiled. Jordan yawned, nuzzling against my chest. I chuckled, smiling as I kissed his head.

"Are you sleepy baby boy?" He nodded and whined, and I chuckled. "I'm going to put him in his car seat so he can nap."

"Alright baby. I'll go get us plates." I nodded, smiling happily as I took Jordan to our van. He fell asleep in my arms, and I chuckled softly, laying him down in his car seat. His was the only one that we still had set for a young baby. I chuckled remembering Caleb's proposal.

"Our babies are already a year old..." I smiled at the three as they watched a cartoon. Caleb hugged me from behind, kissing my head.

"I know. We've been together for almost two years, too. Time is flying by so fast. Spending time with you, though, is what makes it all worth it." I chuckled and smiled, leaning my head up. We kissed, and I felt him slip something into my hand before he broke it. Looking, it was a small, velvet-covered jewelry box...

"What...? Caleb, what is this?" I looked at him, and he smiled as I opened it to see a ring.

"Alex, I love you... Day after day, you surprise me. I'll admit, I never thought you were who you are. Growing up, we were opposites... You were the gay nerd who sat with his camera, and I never once had a reason to consider talking to you as I played football and basketball, as captain, of course. My pack needed the perfect mate, so I was bound to a woman I didn't love... But then, one day, you showed up at my house with your USB, so excited to show me pictures you knew were of me.

"Before I knew it, we mated, and you dominated me with ease. The shy boy I thought you were... He was just the boy who let his anxieties take him over. You were much, much stronger. You only needed the confidence, and we both know our love gave that to you. That confidence led you to do amazing things, and by far, the most amazing I've seen was the day you gave birth to our babies without anything. You had no pain medication, you had no c-section. You instead did the one thing that put you in danger, without a second thought, and pushed them out all on your own.

"I didn't think it was possible, but Alex Kitoshi, that day I fell even more in love with you. Since then, watching you care for our babies, I've fallen for you harder and harder each day. Now, I can't imagine my life without you, Alex. So please, make me the happiest man on earth... Say you'll marry me?"

"Yes, yes yes yes!" I grinned and hugged him, kissing him deeply. He grinned as he kissed back, and right then, I knew my life was perfect.

I chuckled, smiling as I thought about his proposal. Now, I could officially call him my husband. I chuckled, knowing everyone was going to be shocked to hear that he was going to take my last name. We were equals, and we knew that. He was the more powerful of the two of us, so he said he wanted to take my last name to balance it.

"Sleep well, daddy's little angel." I kissed Jordan's head before leaving him in the car, the AC turned on so he didn't overheat.

"Hey, sir!" I stopped, my eyebrows furrowing together as I looked to the voice. There stood a boy, only maybe fifteen or so. He was panting, and I knew instantly that something was wrong. I went over, yelping some as he stumbled and knocked us both down. He groaned, tears running down his face. He looked up at me, his eyes a bit wild. "I'm so sorry, but do you know a man named Alex?" My breath hitched as I stared at this strange boy. "I'm looking for Alex Kitoshi, he should be eighteen."

"Babe?" Caleb came over, then growled at the boy. He pulled me up and close to himself, and the boy whimpered submissively. He was a wolf like us. "Did he hurt you?" Caleb started checking me over, and I shook my head.

"I'm okay... But..." I looked at the boy, confused. "Why are you looking for me?" His eyes widened.

"You're Alex Kitoshi?" I nodded, and I felt Caleb's grip tighten.

"Why are you looking for my husband?" The boy looked at me, a wishful look in his eyes.

"My name is Mark... I'm your brother, Alex." I burst out laughing. My mother, holding Alice, came over.

"She's fussing for you... Who's this?" My mother looked at this boy, Mark, as I took Alice.

"Some crazy kid... He's claiming to be my brother. How ridiculous is that? I think I'd have known if you birthed another child." I smiled and kissed Alice's head, rubbing her stomach some. She relaxed, hiding her face in my shoulder as she farted. I rolled my eyes and chuckled as she giggled, smiling at us. "Gassy, gassy child."

"Alex, please." Mark grabbed my arm, pleading. On instinct, I kicked him to the ground, growling as I pinned him.

"Don't you dare touch me." He whimpered, looking at me sadly.

"I wouldn't hurt you. Look, Alex, you obviouly know we're both wolves. Let me take you to our den. A wolf always recognizes their birth place. Bring your kids, they can meet their family!" Isabella came over, resting a hand on my shoulder as I growled. I sighed and let him go feeling her touch. She was my baby sister.

"Forget it. I'm no family of yours. My family is right here. My parents, my baby sister. My husband and kids and our pack. I am fine where I am." I want to walk away, still holding Alice.

"Wait, please Alex! We, we need you! Alex our dad is dead, you're heir to the pack, we need our alpha." Hearing that, I froze, nearly dropping Alice. Caleb grabbed her from me, looking at me worriedly.

"Alex," Isabella took Alice, and then, everything went black as I fainted at the thought. "Shit, Alex!" I felt his arms wrap around me.

Caleb's POV

"Wait, please Alex! We, we need you! Alex our dad is dead, you're heir to the pack, we need our alpha." Alex froze in his spot, and I watched in horror as his grip on Alice started slipping.

"Alex," Isabella grabbed Alice, and Alex's eyes shut as he started falling back. "Shit, Alex!" I ran forward, sliding under him as I caught him, holding him to me close. His mom came over, kneeling down with worry in her eyes. "Is it his anxiety? I know he took his meds this morning..."

"I'm not sure. It could just be from shock at the thought of him being an alpha... He's only passed out from anxiety once, before we took him to get medication to help him." I nodded, picking him up. I carried him to the canopy, laying him down in the shade.

"Dr. White!" Dr. White came over, checking him over. I stood there, worried. One thing I noticed for sure, though, was that Mark did seem genuinely concerned for him.