Chapter 5 - Goodbye

"Alright, ma'am, can you tell me how you're feeling?" I smiled as I sat on the couch, feeding Jordan and watching Dr. White with my mother. Mark had gone to bed, sleeping peacefully in his bed. I heard a knock at the entrance, and I smiled softly.

"I'll get it. It should be my husband." My mother smiled and nodded at me as I stood up, going to the door. I opened it, and I tilted my head in confusion seeing one of the members of the pack from before. I could only assume they were guards.

"A man your age with two children showed up. He started attacking everyone. What should we do?" I instantly felt a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Two children? A boy and a girl, around a year and three months old?" He nodded, and I glanced back at Dr. White. Without words, he nodded and held his arms out for Jordan. I went over and handed him to him, kissing my precious boy's head. "Dada has to go see dad and Alice and Axel. You stay here with great grandpa, alright?" He nodded and giggled, and I went back to the guard. "Take me to him." He nodded, and we started walking. He spoke as we walked towards the jail cell area.

"He seems to have the scent of a pack in a nearby town. He's definitely their alpha."

"I know. He's my husband. The two kids are the other two of our three triplets." The guard's eyes widened slightly, and he looked at me.

"This is your family? Then why would he attack?"

"I'm not sure," I sighed. "The last time he randomly attacked someone, it was me... Before I found out I was a wolf. I'm starting to wonder if there's bad blood between his pack and this one, and he picked up my birth family's scent and that's what had set him off before."

"So then, the scar on your arm,"

"He bit me in broad daylight, as a full wolf. Thankfully we managed to escape any chance of him being taken away. Where are my children?"

"A woman took them to watch them, she runs a nursery for our pack. I can have them sent to your quarters, sir." I nodded.

"Please. Where is my husband?" I heard a loud, angered growl, and I looked straight to it. There was Caleb, and he lunged at me, full wolf. I dodged, narrowing my eyes as I jumped after him, pinning him. He snarled and growled, slashing out at me with his claws. "Caleb, listen to me. It's me, Alex. Look at me, I'm right here." He whimpered, stopping as he looked in my eyes. He soon turned human, and he passed out. I pulled him close, kissing his head. "I've got you."

"Sir, he needs locked up-,"

"We are not putting my husband in a cage!" They winced, and I carefully picked Caleb up. "I'll be taking him to our quarters. Bring our children there. If they're hurt, there will be consequences." He nodded, running off to get Alice and Axel. I kissed Caleb's head as I went back to the small home, and Dr. White looked up at me when I finally got in the door.

"What happened?"

"He went wolf. I calmed him down. He passed out. The guard is getting Axel and Alice. A woman who runs a daycare for their pack took them so they'd be safe." He nodded, and I took Caleb to Mark's room. I laid him in the spare bed, and he curled up cutely. I smiled softly and kissed his head, tucking him into the blankets. "Sleep well, my sweet boy."

"Dada!" I felt two small things run into me, and I looked down worriedly as I picked up Axel and Alice. They were both obviously terrified.

"Hey, sh you two, it's alright. I'm here. Dada's got you now." I walked out, holding them tightly. Jordan was hiding in Dr. White's lap, a girl standing in the doorway. Obviously she was the woman they'd mentioned, though what horrified me was who she was. "Kim?" Her eyes widened as she looked down, and I growled. "Why are you here?"