Chapter 7 - Planes

"Alex, come on. Wake up babe." I groaned as Caleb gently shook me. "We're at the airport." I then shivered at the thought of our flight. He smiled and kissed my cheek, whispering in my ear. "I've got you baby. Come on, up! The sooner we get on, the sooner you'll see there's no reason to be nervous." I sighed and nodded, standing up. He smiled and kissed my head, grabbing our bags. Before I could help myself, I messaged Mark.

Hey, everything okay?

Yes! Don't worry, big brother. Jordan is upset you're gone, but everything's fine. Dr. White says to tell you to relax and enjoy yourself, bye!

I sighed softly, smiling. I then followed Caleb inside. We had to go through security, which worried me as much as the plane ride itself. He chuckled softly, kissing the top of my head before we walked into the building. "I promise it's okay. I told you, I've flown before for pack business. It's not that big of a deal, really." I nodded, sighing softly as I let him lead me through the terminals.

"Excuse me, sir, you can't bring that in here." The man who held his hand out in front of me startled me, of course. I jumped, letting out a startled yelp.

"W-what? What's wrong?" I looked up at him, my anxiety through the roof. We hadn't even gotten to security yet!

"Something just went off on the scanner, you have a liquid with you? You can't bring it through security." I felt myself shaking slightly as I looked up at the guard.

"The only thing I have is my water bottle and medication... I need both." He shook his head, gesturing to a trash can outside.

"The water has to go. The medication, you need to register if it's important. It needs looked at to make sure it doesn't put anything or anyone at risk on the plane."

"I-I can't do that, I n-need it with me..." My breath hitched slightly, and I felt Caleb's hands on my shoulders.

"Sir, my husband and I really don't want any trouble. However, he needs the water in case he needs to take more of his anxiety medication, and the liquid medication is an herbal drink that our doctor, and my grandfather, made for him in case he feels air sick. He's prone to motion sickness, and it's worked well for him in the past. I checked on the website and even emailed the airline support, they specifically stated that it wouldn't be an issue at our location. Now really, we can't miss our flight or we'll lose our reservation at our honeymoon location. Plus, I don't want to see my husband any more anxious than he already is. He's on the verge of a panic attack, can't you see that?"

"I'm following the rules set for my job description." I was shaking, my breathing irregular. My legs felt like jelly, suddenly, and I let myself fall to my knees. Caleb slid down with me, helping me keep from hitting my head on anything.

"Babe," He rubbed my back, though that's all I could really register. Everything felt fuzzy, and my ears were ringing. He sat on the ground, holding me in his lap. Soon, the world went black, leaving me unavailable.

Caleb's POV

I sighed, worried as I held Alex close. His breathing was erratic as he gasped for air, and I whimpered a bit. I was worried, for sure, but I knew what this was. He was having a panic attack because of the anxiety the asshole standing over us had caused him. As I held him, I growled softly, looking up at the male. "See what you've done? I told you to stop, but you didn't listen. Now he's having a panic attack."