Chapter 11 - The Problem With Rogues

Arriving home, everyone was quick to congratulate us on the wedding. Caleb's pack understood, of course, that everything was quite hectic for us. We were only there for a few days; mostly, so Mark could meet my friends and family that he'd never been able to be a part of. When he entered the den, lights and everything, he'd seen it in a new way. This time, he wasn't being taken straight to the cells, so he could properly enjoy it. I couldn't help laughing when he squealed over how clean and modern it all was. "Mark, calm down." He looked at me, grinning and bouncing on his toes.

"How can I calm down? This den is absolutely beautiful! No wonder you love it here so much." He was giddy as he ran towards the gym, looking at the basketball court. What I saw surprised me. Hirem was inside, Katsu playing a one on one game with him. I didn't remember ever letting Hirem in the den, let alone him meeting Katsu.

"Hey babe, take a look." Caleb looked at them as I gestured to the gym, tilting his head some.

"Weird... Katsu said he was working with a rogue wolf for a bit. That's that friend of yours, though. Hirem, right? The one who fixed your room when I lost control and trashed it..." I nodded, heading over. Mark was watching them play, staring at the ball with a dog-like longing. I opened the door, and they looked at me.

"Hey you two. I didn't know you knew each other." Katsu smiled at me, and Hirem whined softly.

"You said they weren't home..." I then crossed my arms, giving him a look, eyebrow raised.

"Nice to see you too, pal. We got back today, came to pick up clean clothes before heading to my brother's."

"Brother?" His eyes widened, and Mark ran in. He chased after their ball, which was rolling across the room now. I smiled at the younger teen, who growled and pounced on the ball. I chuckled when he whined at it. It had rolled away again.

"Yeah, this is my little brother, Mark." Hearing his name, my brother stood up quickly. He looked at us, smiling sheepishly, face red. "Mark, these are two of my close friends. Hirem and Katsu." I chuckled, smiling at the two confused males. "They both helped me a lot growing up." Hirem looked at me, silent. Katsu, however, smiled.

"You gave us reason to, Alex. Hell, sleepovers with you were always great." I chuckled, and Mark smiled. He went over, holding his hand out for them to shake.

"Well then, thank you for keeping my brother safe." Katsu chuckled and shook his hand.

"Got a little gentleman of a brother, huh man?" I laughed, pulling Mark back. I wrapped my arms around him, tickling him with a smirk. He squealed and wiggled, laughing as he tried to get away.

"Little weirdo's more like it." Mark squealed to stop, so I let him go. He panted some, smiling at me happily. Hirem was still standing there awkwardly, which confused me. He was normally so loud and uncaring. I looked at him, and when our eyes met, I knew something was wrong. I then grabbed his wrist, pulling him away. "You're telling me what's up, I can't stand you so damned silent!" He yelped, letting me pull him away. Mark looked at us in confusion, but Katsu led him away to show him around. Caleb was already out of sight. Likely packing our things.

"Alex..." I stopped, looking at Hirem. He was red-faced, eyes on the ground, voice low. I sighed, leaning against a wall.

"Hirem, I know we aren't as close as when you moved away, but come on. I'm not stupid, I know when something's on your mind. You're never quiet. Last time you got quiet, you got hurt. You're one of the most important people in my life, tell me what's up." He then looked away, eyes sparkling from tears. I pulled him close, sighing as I hugged him. "Talk to me."

"I met someone." He noticed some people walking past, looking away. I sighed, gently turning his head so he faced me. This was way more than meeting someone.