Chapter 2 - Alpha Mates

I groaned as I woke up, feeling something sitting on me. I opened my eyes to find Jordan cuddled on top of me, and I smiled a bit as I wrapped my arms around him. "Caleb, babe..." I shut my eyes again, and I soon felt a hand on my forehead.

"Alex? How are you feeling?"

"Kind of overheated, honestly, but otherwise fine." I heard him go and turn the AC up, and I smiled some. "Thank you..."

"Don't mention it. You just rest and relax. That boy is being questioned." I nodded, sitting up some. He helped me, kissing my head. "Are you hungry? I can make you something to eat." I smiled as I looked up at him.

"Yes, please..." He nodded and smiled, pecking my lips before leaving to get me something to eat. I didn't need to ask to know that I'd passed out from shock. Jordan yawned, making a cute noise as he shut his eyes, smiling. I couldn't help the smile on my face. I hated admitting it, but everyone knew I had a stronger connection to Jordan than his siblings. He wasn't more than a few minutes younger, but he was still obviously the runt. His smaller size made him seem so much younger.

"He woke up crying when I got you in the car. He hasn't been willing to get off you since." I chuckled as Caleb handed me a plate. I smiled seeing the meat lover's pizza, and he kissed my head as I started eating.

"Mm... Thank you. This is amazing. I'm sorry if I scared you, I know that it can be a bit startling when I pass out..." He pecked my lips, smiling.

"I'm just glad you're okay. So... I was wondering," He sat down, wrapping an arm around me. "Do you believe anything he said? I mean... It is weird that your family aren't wolves. It's possible, obviously, but... Very, very rare for two non-wolf parents to have a wolf child. Especially at a point where the family doesn't remember the ability for a child to be born wolf. If you are his brother, then that would be explained. A wolf adopted by 'normal' people." I looked down some. What he said definitely sounded reasonable.

"But..." I sighed, setting the plate down. I then got up, slipping Jordan into the blankets as I grabbed my phone. "I need to talk to her. I'll be back." He nodded, kissing my head.

"Do you need me to come with you?" I shook my head.

"I need to do this alone. I'll call you when I leave, okay?" He nodded, pecking my lips.

"Alright, I love you. And hey," He gently cupped my cheek. "Remember. You have your family, right here. No matter what you find out, you have me and our babies. Our pack. Okay?" I smiled, happy tears slipping down my face as I hugged him.

"I love you too, so much. I will always come home to you here." He nodded, smiling as we kissed. I smiled back softly, then left without another word. I sighed some, calling Isabella as I walked.

"Alex? Are you okay big brother?" I sighed again hearing her.

"Honestly, I don't know... I was talking to Caleb about what that kid said. Isabella... There's a good chance he's right..." I could hear absolutely nothing for a moment. That worried me more than anything else; her going quiet.

"You're serious. You think you're adopted?"

"Yeah... I mean, think, why am I the only wolf? Why did no one know to tell me that I'm a wolf? Hell, why don't I look like any of you? Isabella, you're blonde with blue eyes. My hair is so brown it's black in some light, and my eyes are dark caramel. I have freckles, no one else in our family does. I need glasses, none of you do. I'm small as shit compared to you all. Why?"

"Alex..." She sounded so sad. I knew I sounded angry, but I was, to be honest. After my whole life, I was suddenly not sure who gave birth to me. My children could have been spending time with the wrong grandparents. My dad could be dead. "What... What if you find out you're adopted...? What are you going to do?" I sighed. She obviously was questioning it too now.

"I'm not sure. I guess, for one, go meet this kid's supposed family of mine. Try and find my real family." I sighed, looking down saying that. But then, I heard a quiet yipping sound. My eyes widening, I turned around. There was Jordan, on the ground and just about to cry. "Jordan!" I rushed forward, picking him up and cradling him. He had a small, small cut on his arm. "Sh, sh daddy's got you." He whimpered, pulling at my shirt to get under it. I smiled some, pulling my shirt up over him, and he latched onto my nipple. I chuckled, knowing he didn't get anything out of me. He knew it, too, but he loved doing it regardless.

"Oh my god," I looked up at a woman passing by, her eyes widen. "Are you breastfeeding?" I felt my face heat up from blush, and I laughed sheepishly.

"Not really... I can't lactate. My sweet little angel here just likes relaxing with me doing it..." Jordan giggled, and I looked back down at him. Smiling, I brought him out of my shirt.

"Dada," I chuckled and smiled, nuzzling him.

"You're holding him wrong." The woman came closer, trying to grab him, but I growled.

"I know how to hold my child. My doctor is my husband's grandfather. I've had plenty of coaching on it."

"Husband? So you're gay. You adopted him?" I narrowed my eyes some, but I smirked.

"Oh no, I gave birth to our triplets myself. I can show you pictures of when I was pregnant, if you want," I pulled my phone out, and she looked at me, disgusted.

"Men can't have children."

"Oh trust me, I can... Do you have kids?" I smiled sweetly as I showed her a picture of my uncovered pregnant belly from when I was nearly ready to give birth.

"No, I'm infertile," She snapped at me, looking angry. Realizing she was only so upity because she couldn't have her own baby, I gave her a sad look.

"Do you have a boyfriend, husband? Or girlfriend or wife..."

"I'm straight," She huffed. "And what man wants to be with a woman who can't give him kids?"

"I'm so sorry ma'am." I sighed, and Jordan reached up, putting his hand on my mouth. I looked down, smiling softly. "Hi. Ready to go see grandma?" He nodded and giggled, the woman walking off. I smiled, kissing his nose before walking off. Not thinking, I didn't call Caleb to tell him I had Jordan.

When I got to my parent's home, Isabella was sitting out front. She rushed over, hugging me tightly. I hugged back, kissing her head. Jordan giggled between us, and she smiled at him softly. "You brought Jordan?" I nodded, letting her take him.

"He followed me. I didn't want to make him go home." He pouted as she held her, and he reached back up for me. I laughed, shaking my head at him. "Auntie can hold you just fine. I need to talk to grandma." I kissed his head, and he settled reluctantly as I went to my mom's room. She looked up from her computer, her eyes widening a bit as she smiled.

"Alex, sweetheart, how are you feeling?" She came over, and I sighed as I stopped her from hugging me. She gave me a confused look, and it broke my heart.

"Yes or no. Am I adopted?" She froze, looking at me sadly. She had to have known that I would ask. She sighed, taking my hand and making me sit down on the bed. She then went to her files of important papers, picking up a file. She sat down next to me, opening it to reveal adoption papers, as well as a picture of me as a baby. I took a deep breath. "So what, were you just never going to tell me?"

"Sweetheart please let me explain. When you were little, we were going to tell you, but then your friend was being bullied for being adopted and you told us you were so glad we were your birth parents... We were afraid you would hate us." I growled, giving her a deadly angry look.

"You should have told me! I have a family that needs me, and you've said nothing! I'm a wolf, how the hell did you not know that?!"

"Sweetheart... They said that if we left it be it wouldn't matter."

"My dad was an alpha to his pack. Of course it matters, I was his firstborn son! I am heir to a pack, to people I've never met, and I'm now married to another alpha! God, everything is messed up now." I groaned, rubbing my head some. "I have to talk to that kid." I walked out of the room, going and picking Jordan up. "Come on baby boy, daddy needs to find out who he is." Isabella gave me a sad look as I walked out. I was an alpha.