Chapter 8 - The Girl

Exiting the plane, I noticed two things: one, it was hot outside. Two, Caleb was getting annoyed with how much teasing I was doing. He was frowning, turned away from me at every chance. I rolled my eyes some, knowing that once we were in our cabin, he would calm at the relief of what we hadn't been able to do more than a few times since the triplets were born. We grabbed our bags, and I tried and failed at getting to hold his hand. Realizing he was that upset with all the teasing, I huffed. "Caleb, come on. Soon we'll be in the cabin~"

"You've kept me hard as a rock the whole fucking plane ride," He growled softly, whispering in my ear. "You're so getting it when we get to the cabin." I blushed a brilliant shade of red, looking down. I couldn't meet his gaze after he'd said that, and oh so shamelessly. I knew he was smirking, feeling triumphant of what he'd been able to do after how much I'd been torturing him.

"How do we get out of here, anyways?" We were wandering the spacious airport, and I glanced around, trying to get my mind off of what he'd said- what he was going to do.

"Down the next corridor, there should be an escalator that leads down to the lower level. They have a subway system to get out of the airport. We'll get off at the car rental station, okay?" I nodded, smiling softly. I followed him through the airport, letting him lead through the building that was, in my mind, simply uncharted territory. I wasn't feeling safe in the new place, and if Caleb didn't know where he was going, I'd likely lose it again.

"Excuse me, who are you? I feel like I know you from somewhere." I yelped as I felt a hand on my shoulder. Caleb stopped, both of us turning. The hand was ripped off of me, and I soon saw it was a young lady's hand. I felt it odd as I realized I thought of her as a young lady. I normally called all females girls, but she really just felt like a lady- she wore a long, modest dress. Her hair was tied back, simple yet elegant. She wore kitten heels, though I could barely tell under the light frills of her pale yellow attire. There were also remnants of makeup, though clearly just to cover up a few blemishes on her otherwise silky-looking skin.

"U-um," I felt something odd, that I couldn't quite place, as I looked at this stranger. In a sudden panic, I was worried my wolf was thinking her as a mate. I hadn't even properly talked to my wolf about Caleb; or really talked to my wolf at all. I definitely felt about her as I first felt about Caleb. She was absolutely breathtaking, like an angel placed in front of my eyes. Come on, Alex, pull yourself together! Your husband, father of your kids, and mate is standing right behind you! "Hi," I squeaked out, and I knew then that Caleb could tell something was very, very wrong between the two of us and this girl.

"I don't think we do," Caleb wrapped his arm around me, holding me almost forcefully. "Can me and my husband help you, or can we go back to going to find our honeymoon cabin?" I blushed, embarrassed. I knew that he could tell I felt something for her just as I felt something for him. At least... I thought I did. I wasn't even sure.

"He's someone I know, I swear... Do you mind if I just talk to him for a bit, privately?" Caleb growled, and I knew he was getting a little too mad. Soon his wolf would take control.

"Actually, we have to go. Sorry, bye!" I grabbed Caleb's hand, dragging him away. I had no clue where I was going, but I had to get them away from each other. He felt threatened, and threatening an alpha is a dangerous game she didn't know she was playing. He growled softly once we were out of sight, glaring at me.

"Who the hell is that girl, and why are you acting like she's your fucking mate?!" He shoved me against the wall, and I gasped. He was never abusive. His wolf was taking control. So, without a word, I reached forward again. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him with as much love and passion as I could pour into a kiss. He melted under me, arms wrapping around my waist. I smiled happily into it, breaking it after a moment to nuzzle him.