•sixteen•

••

After spending a few nights to himself thinking Odell was still indecisive on what he wanted, who he wanted. To say he was stressed out was an understatement, with the last game before playoffs being this weekend. He had no time to be worried about relationship issues but here he was, worried.

Realizing that he was getting no where in his thought process he decided to go and see his mama. He needed some advice despite the lecture he was bound to get.

Jumping out his car he locked it and made his way to his parents average sized two story home. Odell knocked on the door a few times before it was answered by his sister Jasmine "Dellie" She grinned giving him a hug.

Odell smiling tightly embracing her back "Sup Jas' , how many times we gotta tell you about opening the--"

"I saw your car outside so mommy said it was okay" She cut him off before he could finish.

He nodded "Where is mom?"

"In the kitchen, I'll be right back I have to finish my show before the bus comes!" She shouted running off upstairs.

Removing his shoes Odell made his way into the kitchen where his mother was sitting by the island on her phone.

"Hey Mama"

"Hi sweetheart, what brings you by?"

"I just wanted to visit y'all before morning practice"

She gave him a look of suspicion before brushing it off "Mm, well we just finished up breakfast have you eaten?"

"No ma'am"

"Going to practice on a empty stomach? You know better" She sighed nudging his shoulder.

"I was rushing to get here before you went to work"

Mrs.Heather grabbed a frying pan from the dishwasher placing it on the stove then retrieved two eggs from the fridge. "Are you sure you didn't come by for something honey? Because there was no need to rush you could've seen me after my shift" She pointed out cracking the eggs into the pan.

"There might be a little something..."

Mrs.Heather laughed to herself "I knew it..what did you do boy' and I swear if a word that even rhymes with pregnant comes out of your mouth imma whoop yo brownskin ass"

"Woah woah I ain't get no one pregnant! I think...I'm fifty percent sure"

"Boy! I outta--" Mrs.Heather raised her hand slapping his back while he dodged her laughing.

"Ma chill I'm kidding, Chill" Odell snickered grabbing her wrist.

"Stop playing with me boy, that aint funny. You know we're trying to get you drafted by next year, we don't need anything like that happening"