•fourty five•

If you haven't read Collide..start! I got the background portion done so the story is starting to kick in 🤗 Find it on my page:)

••

•Odell•

The room erupted in cheers, screams, and people saying congratulations, I couldn't believe it we were having a girl like I wanted.

I grabbed Mira pulling her into a hug as she cried, "I'm so happy" She sniffed.

"What happened to wanting a boy" I chuckled.

"I never wanted one I just didn't want to be on the same side as you" She said.

"You petty man" I sniffed shaking my head.

My mom came up engulfing us both in a hug "I knew it! I had already went out and bought her things because I was so sure."

"I told her not to but you know she don't listen" My dad said patting me on my back then giving Mira a hug.

Mira's mother and father walked up to us and I grew a bit nervous, but then I saw that she had a small smile on her face so I relaxed.

"Congratulations sweetheart" Her mom said.

"Thank you mama" Mira said wiping her face "I'm sorry for—"

"Let's not talk about it okay? What's done is done and I'm here now." She smiled.

Her father cleared her throat "Your mother's right, I know I'm probably the last person you want to see at the moment. But I am happy for you babygirl..I want to talk to you more later, you too Odell I have a lot of apologizing to do"

"No problem sir" I nodded

"I love you guys" Mira cried "Thank you for being here it's means so much"

As Mira went on talking to her parents I got ready to do something I kept a secret from everybody. I didn't want the pressure of everyone on me so I decided it was best I do it on my own. I would've asked her father for approval but they weren't in a good space and he doesn't like me..well didn't.

I reached down my jean pocket pulling out the black box before crouching down on one knee. The whole room gasped getting quiet, Mira didn't even realize yet because she was still caught up in the reveal.

I cleared my throat tapping her leg, she raised an eyebrow looking down at me.

"Baby what are you doing?" She whispered

"I gotta ask you something" I smirked.

"Get up stop playing" She whined grabbing my arm.

"Daddy!" Kaiser called walking up to me

"One minute buddy go play okay?" I instructed him, he sighed but ran off. I turned my attention back to Mira "I'm not joking Mira."

"But—"

"Girl let that man propose!" One of my cousins yelled from the back of the room causing us both to laugh.

"Okay okay sorry" She said.

"Well shit, I didn't really think about what to do from here" I said, causing the room to laugh. "Nah I'm playing but Mira we've been together almost two years now and even though that seems like such a short time we've been through a lot in that time span. Most of it being me hurting you and doing things that made you lose trust in me. I ask God for forgiveness for how I treated you every night but I also thank him for allowing you to stick around" I spoke.