ɴɪɴᴇ

We had made it back to my house and I walked right in, luckily nobody was home so nobody could interrupt me. I set up in my living room, placing the map down of Beacon Hills pulling the bloody bandage of Liam's from my pocket.

"Here you go." Brett says and I looked up to see him holding two candles. I nodded at him and I grabbed it placing it on either side of the map, "What's that?"

"It's Liam's blood."

"And you're using it for?"

"To cast a spell to find him. His blood will lead me to where he is, if this works." I said, pursing my lips and Brett looks up at me.

"If this works? You haven't done this before?"

"I have but lets just say that my powers are a bit dormant right now."

"Dormant in?"

"In, I haven't used my powers in a couple years and when I have nothing good has come from it. So, fair warning."

"If this isn't safe maybe you shouldn't do this." Brett says and I looked at him shaking my head.

"Liam's missing and I need to find him. If that means using my powers, then so be it." I said, and Brett looks at me before nodding.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Just make sure nothing happens to me and if things do go out of hand, you're going to have to knock me out. If it gets to that, then message my brother Liam's location. Lets just hope it doesn't get that far."

"You seem pretty confident."

"Can you do this or not Brett?"

"I can. Do what you have too." He says and I gave him a small smile nodding before facing forward.

I took a deep breathe in closing my eyes, I felt my powers rising getting excited that I'm practicing again. I hear a gasp from Brett and I looked to see the candles were now burning and the blood from the bandage was now on the map.

"Sequitas Sanguinem." The words leaving my lips and the candles burn brighter, I watched as the blood travelled through the map. I closed my eyes to concentrate and not lose focus, my mind on only trying to find Liam.

I felt a wave of power wash over me as I kept trying to concentrate on Liam but I felt myself fall back. I landed on the floor and had blacked out for a moment before I felt someone wake and say my name.

"Carmen? Carmen, come on please." I frowned groaning as I looked up to see I was in Brett's arms.

"Ow. What happened?"

"You just dropped to the floor."

"Did it work? Did the spell work?" I asked looking to the map and see it had landed on 'Beacon Hills Reserve', "Shit."

"What? It worked, didn't it?"

"It says Reserve, that place alone is huge." I said and I pulled out my phone to text Scott, I go to stand and nearly drop making Brett catch me.

"Woah, easy. You okay?"

"I'm fine, we have to go."

"Carmen, you need to rest. I don't know what happened but looking at you, it's taken a lot out of you." Brett says and I go to say something but I felt something drip down from my nose, I brought my hand up to see my nose was bleeding, "That doesn't look so good. Maybe we should stay here."

"I need to find him Brett. I need to make sure he's okay." I said and he gives me a look, "Now, you either come with me or you stay here. I could give two fucks right now." I get my shit together and I walked out of the house.