ᴛᴇɴ

"So, what are your plans tonight?" Stephanie asked leaning to the side of her desk to ask me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"To sleep."

"There's a party tonight, everyone's going."

"Good for them." I said, smiling at her as I picked up my paper which I had finished. I walked it to the front of the classroom placing it on the teachers desk before getting back to my seat.

"How are you finished already?"

"Maybe if you actually did the work, you'd be finished."

"No one is as smart as you." She says rolling her eyes as the bell goes, making me pack up my things.

"Remember class, your final assessments are due within the week." The teacher says as we leave the class. I got outside and Stephanie immediately comes to my side, already knowing she was going to bring up the party tonight.

"So I was thinking the party tonight, you can sober drive me."

"Is that the only reason you asked me to come with you?"

"Well are you going to drink or are you too uptight?" Stephanie says raising an eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Just because I don't want to get wasted on a school night doesn't mean I'm uptight, it means I'm smart."

"If you're worried about your braincells going with all the alcohol you're going to drink tonight don't worry, I'm fine."

"Because comparing me and you is always a good idea." I said, looking at her and she laughs pushing me playfully, "Look it's not that I don't want to go, there's no reason for me to go."

"Oh come on, we've been here at this school for months together. As annoying as these preppy students are, their rich which means expensive booze." Stephanie says smirking at me and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll think about it."

"So we're getting ready at your place."

"Over my dead body." I said as I continued to walk and she stops making me turn to see her pouting.

"You know you want too." She says basically yelling across the hall making me laugh as I waved her off and kept walking.

I got to the library where I was meeting Brett, I got to our table and I was surprised to see him sitting there reading making me walk slower to the table. I reached the table and I looked to see the book he was reading was Wuthering Heights making me raise an eyebrow, I cleared my throat and he picks his head up.

"Oh hey." Brett says smiling up at me and I sat down opposite him.

"You're here."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"It's because I'm usually the one here first." I said, frowning a little and he chuckles nodding.

"Yeah, yeah, well we had finished practice early and so I decided to come here, crack open a book while I wait." He says and I held in my laugh making me nod, nodding at the book.

"Wuthering Heights, an odd book for you to start reading."

"Yeah, it was the first thing I grabbed off the shelf. It's pretty interesting."

"It is."

"You've read it?"

"Yeah, I read that when I was 10. It's one of my favourite books. It's pretty interesting." I said looking at him and he nods, "So, what do you think of it?"