sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

A couple days had gone by and I was staying by myself in a hotel, I had savings away and I was using it just to be away from home. I had gotten home from a run, my adrenaline the last couple days was over the top and I didn't want my powers going haywire so I did a lot to take my mind off things.

I was drinking water when I spotted the file sitting on the table in here, I gulped the water as I walked over to it. I lightly touched it, I hadn't had the strength to open the file. After fighting to see what was in it, I couldn't open it.

It was nagging at me to open but I felt a tug at my heart, knowing that if I opened it I might see something I didn't like. I hear a knock on the door making me snap out of my head, pursing my lips as I put my bottle down walking over to the door opening it.

"Hey." Liam says, smiling as he stood there making me raise an eyebrow.

"Liam? What are you doing here?"

"Just came to check on you. You haven't answered any of my calls."

"I haven't answered anyone's calls." I said, giving him a look and he just gives me a look. Puppy dog eyes making me sigh as I opened the door up making him smile as he continues to walk in looking around.

"This is neat. How are you affording this place?"

"Years of money saving."

"Cool."

"Is there something you wanted Dunbar?"

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay. I was worried so I came here to check on you."

"You know telling you where I was might've not been the brightest idea I had."

"You did anyway and here I am." Liam says smiling as he sits at the table, he sees the folder about to grab it but I was faster.

"That's not for you to touch."

"What is it?"

"A file."

"On?"

"Why does it matter?" I said, placing the folder on the bed then turning around to him, "Does anybody know you're here?"

"No, I didn't tell anyone. Though I did have to escape your brother, oh I-I mean Scott. Sorry." Liam says, slipping up about Scott but I purse my lips clearing my throat.

"So what's with the check up? You could've been followed."

"Are you that paranoid?"

"More or less."

"Well don't worry, I said that I was with my mum and step dad for a little family get together." Liam says smiling about lying and I looked at him frowning.

"And you think they bought that?" I asked, pursing my lips and he goes to say something but stops short before shrugging his shoulders.

"Even if the pack knew I was here, they wouldn't do anything. They would probably grill me with many questions. You know especially since you got into a fight at school and nobody knows where you are, to think you're not that far just in a hotel."

"Which is what I don't need. So thanks for the check-up, very much alive, goodbye." I said, about to drag Liam out but he stops making me look at him.

"Look, I swear I won't tell anyone okay. Let me just hang out, I haven't seen you in days. Not since the hospital." He says and I groan inwardly sighing as I pursed my lips.

"Whatever. I'm going to shower, entertain yourself or whatever." I said, walking away grabbing a couple clothes with me to the shower. I closed the door and I sighed to myself walking in more turning the shower in then jumping in.