ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

I opened my eyes as I tried to look but everything was blurry making me frown before I gained my eyesight back. I hear a machine beeping and I look over to see a heart monitor, I looked to see I was hooked up to an IV.

I continued to look over myself to see I was in a hospital gown, I hear sleep talking and I looked over to see Stiles and Scott sleeping not too far away from my bed. It was as if Scott sensed I had woken up, his eyes opened looking over at me. Seeing I was awake his eyes immediately go wide and he comes over to me.

"Oh my god Carmen, you're awake." He says coming to me, him getting up fast disrupted Stiles who was now waking up.

"I sure am brother." I said and he brings me into a hug, I wince at the sudden movement making him step back.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"What the hell Scott- Carmen." Stiles says interrupting his dialogue in getting angry with Scott, his eyes softening looking at me. He gets up coming over to me bringing me into his arms a little softer before pulling away, "Good to see you're awake."

"How long have I been here?" I said looking at the boys who both shared a look making me frown, "How long?"

"You've been out for three days." Stiles says and my eyes go wide as I go to sit up.

"Three days? What? Wh-Why are we just sitting around? The Deadpool-,"

"The Deadpool is done. It's over." Scott says and I looked over at him seeing he wasn't meeting my eye for long.

"I'm going to go get your mum, she'll want to know you're awake." Stiles says noticing Scott's behaviour, he looks at me, "I'm glad you're awake Carmen." He gives me a smile, I could feel he was relieved and I could feel happiness from him. He leaves the room and I turned to Scott who wouldn't look at me making me frown.

"Scott." I said and he looks up, tears in his eyes, "Hey, I'm okay."

"I could've lost you. And it would've been all my fault if I had just been with you-,"

"Hey, don't start okay. This isn't your fault." I said, and he looks at me clenching his jaw.

"We would've gotten here earlier if I hadn't gone after that guy." Scott says and I frowned, "I nearly killed someone that night, turning into a monster and you were dying." I gave my brother a soft look, grabbing his hand as he sniffled.

"You my brother aren't capable of being a monster. You are a True Alpha, you know what that means? You didn't have to take power from anyone, you earned it. Just because you kill someone doesn't make you any less. We were being attacked, they were going to kill you. I will be beside you reminding you of that every time you start to doubt yourself."

"How do you do it? I-I mean, you went through it at such a young age."

"It's hard, I'm not going to lie. But I have people in my life who remind me every day that I'm not that girl anymore, I'm not the girl he turned me into. I'm not letting him dictate my life anymore."

"You're one of the strongest people I know, you know that." Scott says bringing his hand to cover mine that was already on top of his making me smile.

"I grew up surrounded by the best people." I said, making him smile as he stands there. I reached his face to wipe the tears away making him chuckle lightly. Someone walks in and I see it was mum with Stiles, her eyes landing on me immediately.

"Carmen." She says and I could already feel the tears coming to my eyes, I hadn't seen my mum in weeks. I knew she checked up on me through Selena and Scott but I was too scared to go see her, I felt like hurting her was a step too far.