⇻30⇺

I knocked on his door "Phil?" I was greeted with a muffled "yeah?" "Can I come in?" I didn't get an answer before the white door swung opened. Phil greeted me with a warm smile, "of course." He said stepping aside to welcome me into his room.

I stepped in and my jaw nearly hit the floor. His room was perfect. I was pretty sure this was the room I'd been in before. How did I not notice the walls were littered with posters of some of my favorite band and cheesy tv shows. Not to mention his ceiling. God this room was everything a punk teen could ever want.

I shook my head trying to seek reality again. "erm, do you have any blankets I could use? I think i'm just going to lay down and call it a night if that's okay." He looked at me with a puzzled expression. "We've got everything we need right here." he motioned to his bed, "Unless i'm missing something." He thought aloud. "No, no i'll sleep on the couch, so you can have your bed." Phil paused to sit down on his bed. "You can't sleep on that couch it's horribly uncomfortable." Phil flopped back onto his bed. I didn't know how to respond "Okay?"

I carefully took my backpack and placed it at the side of his bed. Slowly I began to get comfortable using my bag as a makeshift pillow.

"Dan, what're you doing?" Phil said rolling to look over the edge of his bed onto the carpeted floor where I lay. I looked up to him confusion clear on my face. He rolled his eyes and scooted over to the other side of the bed. "Get up here, you're not sleeping on the floor." I hesitantly got up and laid on the very edge of the bed farthest from Phil. My eyes began to draw closed as the lights flicked off and goodnights were said.