⇻77⇺

-Several Months Later-

*rinnnnngggggg - rinnnnnnggggg*

I drearily opened my eyes groaning at the thought of having to leave Phil's arms. I snuggled in closer, soaking in Phil's warmth. I brushed a kiss over his shoulder. Then to my dismay rolled over, across the bed lazily grabbing my phone.

I squinted my eye's at the blinding screen as I tried to make out the words.

'1 Missed Call - Mum'

My breath caught, it felt like a load of bricks had just been dumped on my stomach. I was going to throw up. I sat up pushing back the duvet in a mad dash to get to the bathroom. I was violently ill into the toilet. When nothing was left in my stomach, I was reduced to dry heaving.

"Dan?" Phil called, in his morning husky morning voice. I would have loved to wake up to that any day of the week. Today was not my lucky day. "Dan, are you okay?" I felt Phil's warm hands rub my back. I shook my head. By now my cheeks were streaked with tears. "Do you think you're done?" He softly asked. I nodded to which he began cleaning me up.

I dragged myself back to bed. I sat against the head board staring at a dark phone screen. What could she possibly want? What if Dad was using her phone knowing that I had blocked him. My heart was racing with anxiety, while my head was racing with thoughts.

"What're you looking at love?" Phil crawled onto the bed moving me in between his legs. I leaned back turning my head to peck his jawline. He returned the kiss to my temple. I clicked the power button and showed him the notification. I could feel his body tense. "You should probably call her back. What if it's important."

"I know," I nodded, "but what if it's my dad, or my Mum's calling to have a go at me."

Phil turned my head briefly pressing my lips against his. "It'll be fine, and if it's not worth our time then hang up. I'll be right here."

With a deep breath I swiped my phone screen and hit call.

"Daniel I'm so sorry, I love you so so much." My mom sobbed through the phone.

"Hi Mum."

[a/n: is that a minor plot twist I see on the horizon???]